Everything related to Studio
By Brany
James Linehan wrote:Image
This issue is not related to this thread. Please open a new one for this ;)
By Mikael Nordvall
Continuing this discussion...
I am trying to evaluate Studio on Linux for my Architecture office and seems to have the same issue.
I only got a download link for Studio when signing up for evaluation of Maxwell Studio and when trying to launch Studio (on Debian Stretch) I get the following error:

error while loading shared libraries: libicui18n.so.56: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

As I understood the discussion here, it is because I do not have the actual Maxwell Render application installed. Is this correct?
Where do I download it in that case? It is not available under 'downloads' in my Maxwell account, when I follow the link you provided.
If the issue is that Maxwell Render is not included in the Studio package for Linux, then you must at least provide some installation instructions with the installer; informing the user about this, how to obtain the Maxwell Render application, as well as how to install them together. Not doing so will effectively cause every new Linux install to fail, since there is no way of figuring this out on your own.

Cheers n hope you can help me out here
By Forum Moderator
Hello,

We are going to include the Maxwell Render installer inside Studio's but in the meantime, you can get them from here:

Self-installer: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1e3XP1A ... sp=sharing (just install it in the same folder as Studio).
Tar.gz: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ayA-mo ... sp=sharing (in this case, uncompress everything in the same folder where you installed Studio).

You can use whichever you want.

Best,
Fernando
By Mikael Nordvall
Thank you!
Got it running now.
I am on Debian Stretch and are running AMD Vega on board graphics. In order for Maxwell Studio to run I had to do the following:

Unpack the Maxwell Render and the Maxwell Studio tarballs into the same dir. Then if you are running Debian Buster; disable the following self contained libraries, by moving them to another dir:

$ cd '/path/to/MaxwellRender' && mkdir ./DISABLED-LIBS && mv -t ./DISABLED-LIBS libbz2.so.1 libfreetype.so.6 libGLX.so.0 libX11.so.6 libXrender.so.1 libc.so.6 libgcc_s.so.1 libICE.so.6 libX11-xcb.so.1 libz.so.1 libdl.so.2 libGLdispatch.so.0 libm.so.6 libXau.so.6 libEGL.so.1 libGL.so.1 libpthread.so.0 libxcb.so.1 libexpat.so.1 librt.so.1 libXext.so.6 libfontconfig.so.1 libglut.so.3 libSM.so.6 libXi.so.6 libstdc++.so.6

Had to disable libstdc++.so.6 in order to stop an error about unable to load radeonsi (for my gpu).
The rest of the libraries was listed in earlier posts in this thread.

Regards
Mikael

...and 3 Days later, 82.528 Views !!! ...NL, every[…]

Hello dear customers, We have just released a new[…]

grass generator extension

Just downloaded MWR5 for Rhino 6 and want to use g[…]

Hello everyone, I have a new bug with the latest M[…]