Everything related to the integration for Rhinoceros.
Like all RHINO + Maxwell users, I was hoping to update the plug in for Rhino as soon as possible.
I downloaded a demo version of the MR5 for Rhino 6 plug and bought a GTX 1080 ti graphics card to enjoy the preview in Rhino.
Well... I'm disappointed because if I select the GPU engine instead of the CPU, Rhino crashes immediately.
Is there a solution to my problem?

I mounted this graphics card in a DEll T7400 workstation. I used 2 connectors 6 pins of which 1 is converted into 8 pins with a PCIe2.0 Akasa cable adapter.

I specify that the preview and rendering work perfectly well using the Studio with the 1-month limited license

I also tried to load the plug in Maxwell5 in Rhino version 7 WIP and the issue is the same: If GPU selected in the fire settings, when I try to go to preview Maxwell fire in a window, Rhino 7 WIP crash too.

In the event viewer I find the event 1026, .NET Runtime
Application : Rhino.exe
Version du Framework : v4.0.30319
Description : le processus a été arrêté en raison d'une exception non gérée.
Informations sur l'exception : System.AccessViolationException
à mx.PInvoke.CmaxwellRender_startRender(System.Runtime.InteropServices.HandleRef)
à maxwell_rhino.MMaxwellEngine.startInteractiveEngine()
à maxwell_rhino.MMaxwellEngine.threadFunc()
à System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
à System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
à System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
à System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
Hello Thierry,

Which version of Rhino 6 are you using? The latest official version is SR19. The plugin should work fine on that version. It is not tested on Rhino 7 WIP.
@ luis.hijarrubia
Standalone = Studio ?
As i said before : "I specify that the preview and rendering work perfectly well using the Studio with the 1-month limited license"

The driver Nvidia is normally the Nvidia Studio driver 441.12 version.
But, I've a doubt. May be is it a standard version. I'm reinstalling the driver

@Forum Moderator
I have tried With SR19 and SR20 and 7WIP, same crash...
Thierry Debourg wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:59 am
@ luis.hijarrubia
Standalone = Studio ?
As i said before : "I specify that the preview and rendering work perfectly well using the Studio with the 1-month limited license"

The driver Nvidia is normally the Nvidia Studio driver 441.12 version.
But, I've a doubt. May be is it a standard version. I'm reinstalling the driver

@Forum Moderator
I have tried With SR19 and SR20 and 7WIP, same crash...
With standalone I mean maxwell.exe. When you say that preview and rendering work you mean using GPU there too, or you mean draft and production engines?
I mean if GPU is not working at all on any program it's different that the case GPU is crashing only inside Rhino. Just to know who it's going to check this issue.
Oh, I can reproduce it.

Thanks for the heads-up and all the information. I'll let the developer know.

Best,
Fernando
It's worse than I thought;
On my Office PC, I've saved a rhino file with a Maxwell Fire Cpu production preview window ...
And when I try to open the file on my Home PC, Rhino will crash immediately.

To avoid the problem,On the Office PC, I put my windows in shaded and i save. So I was able to open my file on my home PC.
No worries to switch into Maxwell Fire CPU prod.

On the other hand, I can't maintain my textures by moving from the PC Office to the Home PC ...
I think I must save my choice of materials at the root of the PC in a folder such as C: / MXM/

Always the same error in the event observer
Yes, as that setting is stored in the Document Properties panel, you should change to CPU Draft in FIRE settings before loading the file (CPU Draft should be faster for preview than CPU Production; the former is typically used for FIRE and the latter in Maxwell Render for the final render).
Also in Document Properties, in Maxwell for Rhino section, you can set some search paths to tell the plugin where to look for the missing files:

Rhino document Properties_search paths.png
Best,
Fernando
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dear Fernando and Luis,
:D
I hope you are well and your loved ones too.

Thank you for this new maxwell plugin Maxwell 5.0.6.3 for rhino 6 SR19.

I tested with update rhino 6 (6.25.20114.5271, 23/04/2020) and Rhino 7 Wip (7.0.20119.13305, 28/04/2020) and there no longer seems to be a crash when maxwell fire(GPU) is activated in a view. :D
I haven't tested everything yet, but I already wanted to thank next limit for the work done.

Finally I spoke too quickly; rhino 6 crashed when I just deactivated a layer that included a surface as ground.
Maxwell Fire(GPU) was activated in a view.

In the event viewer I find the event 1026, .NET Runtime
Application : Rhino.exe Version du Framework : v4.0.30319 Description : le processus a été arrêté en raison d'une exception non gérée. Informations sur l'exception : System.AccessViolationException à mx.PInvoke.CmaxwellRender_startRender(System.Runtime.InteropServices.HandleRef) à maxwell_rhino.MMaxwellEngine.startInteractiveEngine() à maxwell_rhino.MMaxwellEngine.threadFunc() à System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean) à System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean) à System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object) à System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

I tried again and I had the same issue :(

See you soon

...and 3 Days later, 82.528 Views !!! ...NL, every[…]

Hello dear customers, We have just released a new[…]

grass generator extension

Just downloaded MWR5 for Rhino 6 and want to use g[…]

Hello everyone, I have a new bug with the latest M[…]