Everything related to Maxwell Render and General Stuff that doesn't fit in other categories
stupid me wanted to play with the demo of 5. now for some reason 4 is not licensed anymore. license files gone from program data/next limit/maxwell folder. license activator says it cannot activate my license no matter the fact I input correct data (email, password, serial...). what can be done ?!
also disabling firewall not working.
Hello,

You can always download the license files from your account at the portal.

You only have to put them in this folder:

C:\ProgramData\Next Limit\Maxwell\licenses

Best,
Fernando
so i am confused. What do i have to do to try Maxwell 5 demo?

because when i install it and launch the studio it says its not activated, then it let me pick "try demo" but after i select the demo mode the software opens up and it doesnt let me render nor switch to Gpu saying its not licensed.
Forum Moderator wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:06 pm
Hello,

You can always download the license files from your account at the portal.

You only have to put them in this folder:

C:\ProgramData\Next Limit\Maxwell\licenses

Best,
Fernando
thanks man that fixed it !! may I suggest writing to all ppl that want to try the demo to keep a backup of their license first....
Max wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:55 pm
so i am confused. What do i have to do to try Maxwell 5 demo?

because when i install it and launch the studio it says its not activated, then it let me pick "try demo" but after i select the demo mode the software opens up and it doesnt let me render nor switch to Gpu saying its not licensed.
If it says no GPU licensed it usually doesn't have any license at all, not even demo. Try to restart maxwell. It doesn't work first time to me.
Did it ask if you wanted to add or override (or cancel) the existing license file?

In most cases, the problem is Maxwell 4 is reading first the demo of Maxwell 5 so it sticks with a non-valid license file. We'll try to improve this.
why not have a simple sub-folder for every version.... ?! e.g.
c:\program data......\maxwell\licenses\version 4 etc.
This is a good idea too. Thank you!

Fernando
Choo-Chee/Fernando,

I had similar experiences with the V5 demo (see post in Rhino sub-section), and lost all MR capability as a result. Fortunately, I could recover from a system backup. As it stands right now, I simply couldn't consider installing the demo again, or upgrading until this is addressed, which sounds like it would be a relatively easy thing to fix?

Is it possible for MR 3/4 to coexist alongside MR5? I have a stable configuration of Rhino5 and MR3 running, and would hate to lose that capability...
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]