Everything related to Maxwell Render and General Stuff that doesn't fit in other categories
By Tea_Bag
I am still playing with V5 but just wanted to know what the road map will look like further down the road. When will missing features like coatings, SSS etc be on GPU? :)
Just curious on what is the next feature(s) focus is...that's all :wink:

Great Job adding Additive Materials to GPU! I am enjoying the GPU rendering at the moment due to this feature being added :D
By luis.hijarrubia
Tea_Bag wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:57 pm
I am still playing with V5 but just wanted to know what the road map will look like further down the road. When will missing features like coatings, SSS etc be on GPU? :)

Great Job adding Additive Materials to GPU! I am enjoying the GPU rendering at the moment due to this feature being added :D
We have plans to communicate future work more directly. Show results when we have something working, etc. First step is to fix Known Issues and new reported issues on launch. Yesterday one Known issue was fixed (Multi gpu crashing at resolution change between renders). The other initial work we want to focus is to show some of the hidden features of the release, like the random procedural textures or the recursive references.

As for GPU development. Probably the first new feature will be coatings. But we will show it when we have some soap bubble image.
By James Linehan
maybe you should consider extending the discount for upgrading because of these issues. We have other licenses will like to upgrade but were not going to do so until we get a working product

Thank you
By Tea_Bag
luis.hijarrubia wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:25 pm
Tea_Bag wrote:

We have plans to communicate future work more directly. Show results when we have something working, etc. First step is to fix Known Issues and new reported issues on launch. Yesterday one Known issue was fixed (Multi gpu crashing at resolution change between renders). The other initial work we want to focus is to show some of the hidden features of the release, like the random procedural textures or the recursive references.

As for GPU development. Probably the first new feature will be coatings. But we will show it when we have some soap bubble image.
Perfect! Thank you! Looking forward to future developments 😁👍🏻

Thanks for all the hard work to date!
By gloomer
Tea_Bag wrote:
I am still playing with V5 but just wanted to know what the road map will look like further down the road.
Roombox v2
Tea_Bag wrote:
When will missing features like coatings, SSS etc be on GPU? :)
Maxwell Render v6
By luis.hijarrubia
seghier wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:07 am
I hope they add export image to "*. pfm " to use intel denoiser
This seems a good idea to me. Denoiser is one thing that need to be improved and we are going to work on it right now. I can't say a lot now because there is something that needs to be signed and cannot be public yet. Anyway I would like to have better denoiser or even more than one denoiser option.

In fact I did some test on january about combining denoisers, like passing images to a denoiser, and the denoised images to a second denoiser. And to me it worked better than any of the two separated.
By seghier
Great i hope see it soon
i tried to write a script to use intel denoiser but it's better if it will available in Maxwell
the actual denoiser is really very slow and after nvidia driver update don't work anymore.

Maxwell don't create normal and reflectance with transparency information when transparent materials used
i hope you add that too, blender have that and it is very useful to denoise transparent materials
By Bernard Bunuan
luis.hijarrubia wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:29 am
seghier wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:07 am
I hope they add export image to "*. pfm " to use intel denoiser
This seems a good idea to me. Denoiser is one thing that need to be improved and we are going to work on it right now. I can't say a lot now because there is something that needs to be signed and cannot be public yet. Anyway I would like to have better denoiser or even more than one denoiser option.

In fact I did some test on january about combining denoisers, like passing images to a denoiser, and the denoised images to a second denoiser. And to me it worked better than any of the two separated.
I'm just testing the Studio demo. I can say for certain that denoiser is working for v5.
By Q2
Thanks Luis for keeping us up to date.
Seems NL communication with us the users has gotten way batter already.
Keep us posted and keep up the good work!

Cheers from Bavaria

Q!
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]