Everything related to Maxwell Render and general stuff that doesn't fit in other categories.
By PA3K
I don`t want to spoil party, but I don`t think there is much to celebrate. NL say on twitter "Discount available just for a few days." Really? This is reward for years of waiting? I just see one image of car with noisy fireflies shadow. Can we see in these "few days" of discount full V5 feature list? Look at the posts before V1 V2 V3 releases. Features. Lot of new features with each of those releases. Nice pictures that demonstrated features. Comparsions of old and new images. V4 was disaster. Now there is even less informations about V5. If you look at this situation cool-headed - why there is no features advertised if they exist? ...
There is one very simple scene file in attachment. Please render it with V5 (GPU or CPU) to SL 20. If there will be real diffrence against V3 or V4, I will upgrade imediatelly. I will even regret discount and pay the full price.
I am sorry if I am wrong. I will wait.
Patrik
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By Mark Bell
It NL hasn't yet completed all the programming for the various plugins maybe the native formats can be added to the list of import options in the standalone Studio so at least data can be imported. The current formats available (http://www.nextlimit.com/maxwell/maxwell-studio/ ) should include the other formats anyway for those that opt not to get the plugin or it's incompatible with their older version?

OBJ STL LWO NFF XC2 MXS DXF 3DS XML FBX PLY DAE BIN SD DEM ABC
By choo-chee
well I wonder, just clicked the "pre-order" option in NL mail but after accessing the portal it appears there's no maxwell 5 for maya in the product list ?! could this be ?!
By jojojoj
What about the upcoming plugins? Can we preorder nonetheless and how, or may this not be possible due to lack of final testing till the preorderphase ends?
Last edited by jojojoj on Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Forum Moderator
jojojoj wrote:What about the upcoming plugins? Can we preorder nontheless and how, or may this not be possible due to lack of final testing till preorderphase ends?
We'll make the pre-order available too for those plugins as soon as we "secure" them. We don't want to open the payment for something that could potentially delay for a month. Once we feel it close in time, you will have it available for pre-order for the same price. Maya is very close IMO, but we still have to test it to see the facts.

@Patrik: that "very simple scene" is only so in terms of geometry; regarding light calculations, it's not simple at all. Anyway, it's perfectly right to wait and see (I think, as a customer, I would do so, as it fits better my way of thinking), we'll keep revealing features in the following days.

Best,
Fernando
By Tea_Bag
Mark Bell wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:01 am
It NL hasn't yet completed all the programming for the various plugins maybe the native formats can be added to the list of import options in the standalone Studio so at least data can be imported. The current formats available (http://www.nextlimit.com/maxwell/maxwell-studio/ ) should include the other formats anyway for those that opt not to get the plugin or it's incompatible with their older version?

OBJ STL LWO NFF XC2 MXS DXF 3DS XML FBX PLY DAE BIN SD DEM ABC
Mark this would be great if NL can do this if not aleady in V5!
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]