Everything related to Maxwell Render and general stuff that doesn't fit in other categories.
By Desmond Clarke
As a FormZ user I am dismayed that the only products so far are for 3DS MAX, Rhino, Sketchup and for Studio.
I know that some of the plugins were outsourced but please let us know which platforms will be still supported.
Also, you need to show all the new features before expecting people to buy/upgrade.

Des
By boogazm
The price I get is 276 euro, with vat tax it´s 333,96.
I´ll take a risk and pre-order V5! Was considering buying a Maverick license but this upgrade seems a better choice :D
By Rafal SLEK
I am also little tired with this kind of marketing. After all this years would be nice to know much, much more about new release...
By Desmond Clarke
Rafal SLEK wrote:I am also little tired with this kind of marketing. After all this years would be nice to know much, much more about new release...
Yes, I was planning to buy the upgrade immediately but I'm going to wait to see the plugin choices (planned) and the rest of the new features before I decide.
By Forum Moderator
Hello dear customers,

We saw your posts and wanted to clarify the situation regarding the plugins.
The products you see available for pre-ordering are the ones we are sure will be out on the same day as Maxwell 5 comes out; this doesn't mean the rest of the products won't be available; for example, the plugin for Maya might be released some days after Maxwell (there are still things to add and tests to be done), but we won't make it available for pre-ordering until we have tested it and know for sure it will be released in a reasonable time span.
We will add the rest of the products as soon as we have them tested and ready.

Kind regards,
Fernando
By AndreasAM
Fernando,

It would be nice (and quite normal I have to say) that NL specified the new features of Version 5 before asking (loyal) customers to invest in the new upgrade.
Not an unreasonable request is it?
What am I to gain from it, as an Mac-user, without the possibility of using CUDA-based GPU's for instance?
By Forum Moderator
AndreasAM wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:55 am
Fernando,

It would be nice (and quite normal I have to say) that NL specified the new features of Version 5 before asking (loyal) customers to invest in the new upgrade.
Not an unreasonable request is it?
What am I to gain from it, as an Mac-user, without the possibility of using CUDA-based GPU's for instance?
Yes, I understand, but please, be patient. More and more features will be revealed soon. :wink:
By Tea_Bag
Q2 wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:10 am
WELCOME BACK Tea-Bag!

We missed you.

And yes, I am hoping too that there's support for a hybrid/coop CPU+GPU render mode. That would be awesome ...

Cheers Q!
THANK YOU! Glad to see you are still a Mawell user! Miss you guys too! :wink:

Hopefully V5 with spice up this forum! :D
By Tea_Bag
Desmond Clarke wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:20 am
Rafal SLEK wrote:I am also little tired with this kind of marketing. After all this years would be nice to know much, much more about new release...
Yes, I was planning to buy the upgrade immediately but I'm going to wait to see the plugin choices (planned) and the rest of the new features before I decide.
I just hope the features that have not been shown are not all GPU feature related :|

All we can do is wait and see! :D
By mojo
Hi Fernando,
does that also mean formZ support ? I have to know before i buy the upgrade!
best Regards, mojo
Forum Moderator wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:33 am
Hello dear customers,

We saw your posts and wanted to clarify the situation regarding the plugins.
The products you see available for pre-ordering are the ones we are sure will be out on the same day as Maxwell 5 comes out; this doesn't mean the rest of the products won't be available; for example, the plugin for Maya might be released some days after Maxwell (there are still things to add and tests to be done), but we won't make it available for pre-ordering until we have tested it and know for sure it will be released in a reasonable time span.
We will add the rest of the products as soon as we have them tested and ready.

Kind regards,
Fernando
By Q2
Tea_Bag wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:02 pm
Q2 wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:10 am
WELCOME BACK Tea-Bag!

We missed you.

And yes, I am hoping too that there's support for a hybrid/coop CPU+GPU render mode. That would be awesome ...

Cheers Q!
THANK YOU! Glad to see you are still a Mawell user! Miss you guys too! :wink:

Hopefully V5 with spice up this forum! :D
AS FAR AS I CAN SEE THERE'S DEFINATELY MORE SPICE ARROUND HERE ALREADY! :-)
By Forum Moderator
mojo wrote:Hi Fernando,
best Regards, mojo
To tell the truth, the plugin for FormZ is the last on the list. We have to evaluate the demand and check if it's worth it. We'll try to keep it alive, but if it's not worthwhile, we could drop it. So, I cannot say "yes" nor "no" yet. I'll try to keep you informed.

Kind regards,
Fernando
By Desmond Clarke
Forum Moderator wrote:
mojo wrote:Hi Fernando,
best Regards, mojo
To tell the truth, the plugin for FormZ is the last on the list. We have to evaluate the demand and check if it's worth it. We'll try to keep it alive, but if it's not worthwhile, we could drop it. So, I cannot say "yes" nor "no" yet. I'll try to keep you informed.

Kind regards,
Fernando
Well that's very, very disappointing to hear. The previous MaxwellZ plugins have been seamless and the two go together perfectly.
In a worst case scenario and FormZ loses it's support, can the exported MaxwellV4 files be opened in StudioV5, tweaked and rendered in V5?
Sketchup 2024 Released

Any idea of when the Maxwell Sketchup plugin will […]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]