Everything related to Maxwell Render and general stuff that doesn't fit in other categories.
By Q2
INTERESTING!

I don't mind if the interface does not change that much, as long as the changes under the hood are finally done!

WAITING FOR THE RELASE!

Q!
By Max
Raphael Tobar wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:34 pm
I'm so excited! It's the plain reason why I bought a license last year.
Just curious what are you exicted for? a 720 x 300 super pixelated preview in gpu? even blender cycles can do better.. and yeah they changed the icons again ...lol.
cant wait to see how they gonna camouflage another stellar release with something extremely unfinished.
Sometimes i wonder if certain people live under rock.. if that is a teaser... i mean. to each his own i guess.
By Max
acrighton wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:54 pm
When will the teasing stop and we actually get to know what it is?
they need to build the hype so people will update and preoder it like v4.0 and get an unfiished product :)
By Raphael Tobar
@Max, It would be ridiculous for them to release another version without full GPU support. It wouldn't make any marketing sense if they're re-branding themselves and getting all this hype. The promise was full GPU support. That's what I'm excited about. Mind, I have Octane, LOTS faster, but I'm more at home with Maxwell's workflow. I also don't want Maxwell to die out. Given its intensive algorithm its gonna need all the power it can get to stay alive.
By dmeyer
Max wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:44 pm
Raphael Tobar wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:34 pm
I'm so excited! It's the plain reason why I bought a license last year.
Just curious what are you exicted for? a 720 x 300 super pixelated preview in gpu? even blender cycles can do better.. and yeah they changed the icons again ...lol.
cant wait to see how they gonna camouflage another stellar release with something extremely unfinished.
Sometimes i wonder if certain people live under rock.. if that is a teaser... i mean. to each his own i guess.
Impossible to evaluate the performance of that scene without knowing what its running on.
By sinatropus
To be honest, I'm not so pleased at all to see a new release when the main reason we bought v4 licenses was to have GPU rendering. And we did that only after it was promised to be fixed inside current version cycle. So we gave you the benefit of waiting for it. What's 3 years of production time worth to finally not get something you paid for?
MR 3 was a solid product and only addition to that, the denoiser, has in most of my cases made rendering slower (sometimes even up to two times) with no qualitative effect. Only benefit of version 4 has been quite quick bug fixes in Archicad plugin (which we had less with v3) and some interface upgrades the other plugins have enjoyed from the beginning. I'm not even going to start with the licensing changes.
So do we need to buy another version to finally get the GPU rendering which was the only selling argument for version 4?
By dmeyer
sinatropus wrote:To be honest, I'm not so pleased at all to see a new release when the main reason we bought v4 licenses was to have GPU rendering. And we did that only after it was promised to be fixed inside current version cycle. So we gave you the benefit of waiting for it. What's 3 years of production time worth to finally not get something you paid for?
MR 3 was a solid product and only addition to that, the denoiser, has in most of my cases made rendering slower (sometimes even up to two times) with no qualitative effect. Only benefit of version 4 has been quite quick bug fixes in Archicad plugin (which we had less with v3) and some interface upgrades the other plugins have enjoyed from the beginning. I'm not even going to start with the licensing changes.
So do we need to buy another version to finally get the GPU rendering which was the only selling argument for version 4?
Maybe v5 will be free.

There is plenty of time to be outraged, later, when details emerge.
By Max
dmeyer wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:36 pm
sinatropus wrote:To be honest, I'm not so pleased at all to see a new release when the main reason we bought v4 licenses was to have GPU rendering. And we did that only after it was promised to be fixed inside current version cycle. So we gave you the benefit of waiting for it. What's 3 years of production time worth to finally not get something you paid for?
Maybe v5 will be free.

Free? where did you read that?
By sinatropus
dmeyer wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:36 pm
So I should wait to get skinned twice before reminding nextlimit about a promise they made to their customers 3 years ago? Don’t get me wrong. I still love the software, and i want them to succeed, but they should consider it as a friendly warning, that they are greatly mistaken if they believe they can fool their clients again, if there are any left to begin with. And good luck building a completely new user base, considering their social media marketing which is an embarrassment. Half the published images are not good enough for hobbyists. It means they don’t have many professional clients left when it once was one of the best products on the market for rendering with a vivid community. Competitors, and so their users renders, have been developing by leaps and bounds during the last few years, so I really hope they haven’t missed the train by focusing on other endeavors.
Your clients are all you have left and we are your best advertisement, NextLimit.
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]