Everything related to the integration for Rhinoceros.
One thing that could make the absence of a stable plugin less painful is to (at least ) make the mxs exported from rhino usable in the studio: currently the objects are not organized by layer and therefore it is not possible to make an easy mapping in maxwell studio...
By Marton Day8
Hello Nicola,
OK, I will add the layer group export

Hello Jasper,
I have added these for the next build, but in your current version it is still not there.

Márton
By Felipe Millan
Is just me or the new Mawell version is really complicated to use, I feel is missing multiple functions or are hidden in places that I can't find, the emitters that used to work on the previous version don't make any change to the scene now, I don't know if I'm doing something wrong but all mi scenes look flat, like the materials don't have character is almost as if I get better results from the rendered window on rhino, also tends to freez my PC when I try adding hdrs as environment. Where can I find a guide of the work flow for this version, is getting really frustrating, also I have to stop my render and change the sampling in the render window, because it does not take the sampling level from rhino, it always defaults to 7, and the camera function to focus to selected objects that was so easy to do on the previous version is gone, or I'm unable to find it, there is one but as soon as I select an object the camera menu disappears, really frustrating.
By Forum Moderator
Hello Felipe,

Here is a quick transition guide: https://docs.google.com/document/d/11SS ... 61s7ly07fu

I'm currently testing a version with several improvements regarding Rhino lights translation and many other things but found some problems that wanted to get fixed before releasing it.

Best,
Fernando
By PA3K
Forum Moderator wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:08 pm
PA3K wrote:Hi Fernando,

I noticed few things in new released plugin.
1. Changing Engine in Fire Settings to GPU and then trying to changing perspective window to Maxwell Fire crashes Rhinoceros 6 (laptop GPU NVIDIA GeForce GTX 880M Kepler)
2. Different default render settings in compare with MWR3 in Rhinoceros 4 and different look of rendered image even with the same settings.
Patrik
Hello Patrik,

Regarding #1, it's true I see some instability when changing to to GPU; your Kepler card is not supported, but it shouldn't crash in that case.

Regarding #2, that's something we have observed and found the reason. It looks like when you bring a file made in Rhino 5 into Rhino 6, this sets the gamma to 1 instead of 2.2, which is the default option in new scenes. That value affects several things, not only Fire, but Rendered view or material preview. You can change it in Rendering tab when it is set to Rhino Render and then go down till you find Dithering and Color Adjustment section; you will find Gamma parameter there. Just set it to 2.2 and everything will start to look normal.

Cheers!
Fernando
Hi Fernando, my Kepler card https://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-Ge ... 622.0.html should be supported, as I was runing V4 render on it in Rhinoceros 5 demo back in 2016 viewtopic.php?f=140&t=44529&p=392593#p392593 .
Patrik
By greengreen
I just installed the new maxwell_rhino_v4.2.6.3_WIN
I'm running maxwell 4.2.0.3x64
Rhino is Version 6 SR17

So everything looks up to date, but Fire keeps crashing Rhino, and when I click the render button, nothing happens, it does not export a .mxs :?: :?:

Also, two "Maxwell for Rhino" options show up in the "Current Renderer" drop down menu :?:
By orkunkule
@greengreen, @greengreen,

It happened to me too and I guess I've solved it by selscting the other "Maxwell for Rhino". It is more stable now.
By Forum Moderator
Yes, we had to change the ID of the plugin if we wanted to be able to load files from the plugin for Rhino 5; it looks like both plugins' IDs had to match to make that possible.

That's why you might be seeing two Maxwell for Rhino entries in the Renderer menu.

The latest plugin version (4.2.6.4) should remove the duplicates, but in case it doesn't, please go to the Windows registry and be extra careful with the path I'm showing:

You can tap Windows key, type registry and hit enter.

Then go to this key:

Computer\HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-3600093941-992196708-3498842880-1001\Software\McNeel\Rhinoceros\6.0\Plug-Ins\
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\McNeel\Rhinoceros\6.0\Plug-ins\

The numbers after S-1-5-21 can be different, but do not choose the one that ends with _Classes

Find this key: dce27339-79a1-484b-a2fb-3860967df567
Make sure it mentions Maxwell for Rhino in the details and delete it.

Then, in file explorer, go to this folder: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\McNeel\Rhinoceros\6.0\UI\Plug-ins

and delete maxwell_rhino.rui and maxwell_rhino.rui.rui_bak

The plugin will recreate them.

I hope this works.

Kind regards,
Fernando
By Forum Moderator
orkunkule wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:08 pm
How can I find the material wizard? Just need the AGS but I dont want to make it myself.
Currently, you can only add the materials as referenced mxm files. If you create one, you will find the assistants in Global Properties.

Best,
Fernando
By piroshki
Fernando,
Is it possible to make the new plugin keep all the Rhino5 settings inside the Rhino 6 file, and not overwrite or erase them? If I open a Rhino5 file in Rhino6, I can render with your new plugin. In the past I could save the file back to a Rhino5 model, and all my Maxwell settings would still be present. Now, if I open the file in Rhino6 with the new plugin, and try to go back to Rhino5, all my maxwell settings are gone. Could the new plugin just leave all the Rhino5 for Maxwell settings alone?
Thanks for making progress on the plugin.
T.
By greengreen
I see that Maxwell 5 is coming out and we still do not have a fully functional V4.

I understand that there were some changes to your staff, but this was probably more than a year ago at this point, and I've seen a number of messages thanking us for our patience. Is there anything that will give me confidence to continue to invest time and money here? I'm having difficulty understanding what is going on here, if you could see it from our perspective it doesn't appear that Nextlimit is interested in investing in Rhino.
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]