Everything related to Studio.
Hi,

My boss gave me a new computer. Very nice off course, especially if Maxwell Render + Studio works.
For the Maxwell licence I copied the lic files from my old computer ( C:\ProgramData\Next Limit\Maxwell\licenses\ (maxwell_license.lic and maxwell_studio_floating.lic )) to the new one. When starting Maxwell Studio on the new computer, Maxwell Studio starts in Unregistered Mode. In the console (Studio) I read the following message:

Using license path with MAXWELL4_LICENSE_PATH environment variable : C:\ProgramData\Next Limit\Maxwell\licenses.
Trying to detect license through broadcasting.
Scanning C:\ProgramData\Next Limit\Maxwell\licenses folder for licensesProcessing file C:/ProgramData/Next Limit/Maxwell/licenses/maxwell_license.lic Processing file C:/ProgramData/Next Limit/Maxwell/licenses/maxwell_studio_floating.lic Error getting license, returned code : No license for product
Studio will run in no license mode

This is a strange message. Our company has bought a licence Maxwell Studio and it worked on my old computer.

Earlier I had some correspondence with Nextlimit about this problemm. After no solution, Nextlimit stopped mailing....... :shock:

Help!

With kind regards,

Louis van Amerongen
By Nasok
Hi Louis, as far as I understand, every license is attached to a Host ID of your computer. Every computer has a unique Host ID. So placing the .lic file to a new computers directory might not work.
I your license was previously working on your old computer - then it must be attached to your old computer's Host ID - you can check it in customer's portal.nextlimit.com - after you log in.
The way I understand it works is that based on your unique Host ID - it generates unique activation code. So for different Host ID it would require a different activation code.
So what you'll need to do is to ask Next limit support to assign your license to a different Host ID (your new computer's Host ID) - and then you'll receive a new activation code.

Once you have a new activation code, you can register your Maxwell Studio (on your new computer) by placing the activation code and a login details to a customer's portal into a registration pop-up dialog.

Hope it helps :)
Cheers,
Tim.
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]