Everything related to the integration for Rhinoceros.
By PA3K
After starting Rhino 6 latest edition and message "preparing plugins for the first use", Rhino crashes ... I must uninstall it. Does anyone else encounter with the same problem?
By Forum Moderator
Please, check these tips that may help you with the transition: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=45412

@PA3K:
May I know which exact version are you using? Here I have it running on Version 6 SR14 (6.14.19127.17141, 07/05/2019)
Do you have any other plugin active that may be interfering?

Best,
Fernando
By PA3K
Hi Fernando, thanks for quick reply. I have Version 6 SR14
(6.14.19127.17141, 05/07/2019) (same as You). I have WIN 8.1. Plugins: SimLab 3D pdf exporter, Peter's Tools 1.98, Thea Render demo, BoltGen and MappingJiggler2.py (python script). I also have Rhino 4 (SR9) 32-bit installed with Maxwellrender 3 plugin (3.2.5.0).
I can access my computer by teamviewer, if You want ...
By Edwin C
Thank you for getting this out,really appreciate the effort.
Is it just me! I can not seem to find where the Maxwell materials and environments are ?
By Edwin C
:lol: :shock: Yup! it was me! always a bit behind on the uptake!!... Just had to look in the Normal Rhino places and voila you see Maxwell goodies there!
By Forum Moderator
@PA3K

It could have something to do with NET framework 4.5. Could you try to install this? https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... -and-windo
Rhino common should be providing support for .NET 4.5 but maybe...

@Edwin

Yes! Now the plugin is more integrated into Rhino structure. I wrote a quick transition guide here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=45412

Just out of curiosity, are you on Windows 10, Edwin?

Best,
Fernando
By Forum Moderator
@PA3K

Also, have you checked the redistributables during the install? Maybe that affects too. It has to be something general related to the platform as in some computers it works and in others, it doesn't.
By Edwin C
Forum Moderator wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:26 am
@PA3K

It could have something to do with NET framework 4.5. Could you try to install this? https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... -and-windo
Rhino common should be providing support for .NET 4.5 but maybe...

@Edwin

Yes! Now the plugin is more integrated into Rhino structure. I wrote a quick transition guide here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=45412

Just out of curiosity, are you on Windows 10, Edwin?

Best,
Fernando
Yes We are running Windows 10 Enterprise
By PA3K
Hi Fernando,
I run installer in default settings. I didn`t uncheck anything. I tried Your link with NET, but if I tried to install it, message ".NET Framework 4.7.2 or a later update is already installed on this computer." appeared.
So I can`t run Rhinoceros 6 with this plugin installed.
Patrik
By PA3K
Just upgraded to fresh Rhinoceros Version 6 SR15 (6.15.19164.21011, 06/13/2019). The same crash...
By Forum Moderator
I see; there are other users with the same issue. We'll have to dig deeper to find the cause. All the cases seem to be related to Windows 7 or 8. Thank you for all the feedback.

By the way, we are getting other reports about the Rhino materials not getting translated to Maxwell (the objects do not show in render). Are you (the ones that could load the plugin) experiencing the same thing?

Best regards,
Fernando
By rafaelmar
Rhino 6 is crashing after installing the Maxwell Render plugin. When I open Rhino, it crashes just after the "Preparing the plugin for first use" window appears. System specs: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 , Rhino version 6.15.19164.21011, Maxwell Rhino version 4.2.6.0, Maxwell Studio 4.2.0.3 Win64.
By Forum Moderator
Thank you for the feedback, Rafael, and sorry for the inconveniences,

The problem seems related to Windows 7 and 8. We are working on it. We'll try to have it fixed as soon as possible.

Regards,
Fernando
By Forum Moderator
I have tried running a clean Windows 7 SP1 on a virtual machine and couldn't reproduce the crash; it loads fine. As a test, could you (someone who gets the crash) try to install the plugin and then rename or move Maxwell for Rhino folder somewhere else; then open Rhino and add maxwell_rhino.rhp from File > Properties > Plug-ins > Install. It would be interesting to see if it crashes at that moment or not. It would help a lot.
Thanks in advance.
Kind regards,
Fernando
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]