Everything related to the integration for Rhinoceros.
By Robert Ley
Really happy to see development on the Rhino 6 plugin. I also appreciate that it follows the integration and aesthetic of the Rhino 6 UI. Please consider a broader than normal Beta test program as I'm sure many of the people on this forum who have patiently (very patiently!) waited for this release would also be open to trying and giving feedback on a pre-release version. I would have no problem trying an early release, and documenting bugs, missing features, etc.
By PA3K
Fernando, I would like to ask one more question. Would it be easy (easier) to integrate plugin for maxwellrender 3 for Rhino 6 when MWR4 plugin will be finished? MWR 1 and 2 support was discontinued, but MWR3 not. I have licences of MWR3 and would like to use them also, since differences between MWR3 and 4 are minimal if any (gpu rendering of MWR4 unfinished). Now I am using Rhino 6 for modeling, then exporting to Rhino 4 32-bit with MWR 3 plugin for visualisations. Thanks.
Patrik
By Forum Moderator
PA3K wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:32 pm
Fernando, I would like to ask one more question. Would it be easy (easier) to integrate plugin for maxwellrender 3 for Rhino 6 when MWR4 plugin will be finished? MWR 1 and 2 support was discontinued, but MWR3 not. I have licences of MWR3 and would like to use them also, since differences between MWR3 and 4 are minimal if any (gpu rendering of MWR4 unfinished). Now I am using Rhino 6 for modeling, then exporting to Rhino 4 32-bit with MWR 3 plugin for visualisations. Thanks.
Patrik
Hello Patrik,
I don't think that will happen. The politic of the company has always been to stop working on the old versions once the new one is out. It is like that for several reasons: it would require more resources (time and people) to have all the versions "alive" and under development and besides, it plays against people buying the new version, which is an important thing to keep our accounts healthy.
By Forum Moderator
Thank you everybody for the critics, good and bad words, testing offerings and suggestions. We read everything you post although we are not always able to answer to everything.

Kind regards,
Fernando
By Edwin C
Can not wait for the release of the plugin. This is good news that it is getting closer to being released. In anticipation, Great work Fernando!
Just a question? Have you addressed the issue of losing the Maxwell material if it is assigned to an object within a Rhino Block when you use the Maxwell command "Remove Unused" in the materials tab.
In the current plugin if I have a maxwell material assigned within a Rhino block and not on any other object in the rest of the model that Maxwell material will be deleted when executing the Maxwell command "Remove Unused"
By orkunkule
:D There is no answer for that.
Q2 wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:18 am
Happy to see the great progress. How about an estimated timeframe to release?

Cheers from Bavaria
By dsr
We are one of the users out there patiently waiting for the new plugin and we hope we can manage the wait until the product is usable.
I may have missed a thread on this before, but one of my main questions for the new plugin is whether or not you will be improving the integration of all of the various environmental and other modules/settings in the Scene Manager into a much more robust and comprehensive dashboard? What can you tell us about that?
In a related vein, the 'presets' in the older R5 versions really never made any sense. They were per module and sometimes cancelled one another out (e.g. loading a .sky file would change the Location settings, etc.). I am hoping all of the combining of the seeming hundreds (okay, probably tens) of little settings can be done now more easily and under one roof?
Please advise.

Thanks,
DSR
By PA3K
Hi Fernando,
Any news ? Can we see some plugin progress or some new timeline ? Or test some beta even unfinished ?

Is maxwellrender core engine development alive or stopped?
I tested roombox, but i was little disappointed. It is nowhere near to Maxwell. Speeded up with ugly denoising algorithm and subscription licensing system (have to pay for everything). I don't know, if NL have success with this. Idea was good, but product isn't in my opinion.
Hear you soon.
Pa3k
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]