Everything related to Maxwell Render and general stuff that doesn't fit in other categories.
Hello, it has been many times i've encounter this and finally i've decided to post it.

I dont understand what is going on but randomly Maxwell render does not finsh the render i let run over night.
Sadly there is nothing on the logs and this behaviour is very strange. First off i run the render with denoiser set to each SL, rendering is done in CPU mode, the denoising is set to use GPU and Accurate so it creates the extra channels.

Target SL is 25, time is 14400, pretty standard out of the box settings. One thing i've changed was setting the cpu priority to "Normal" instead of low. I am going to try o leave it to low.

When i launch the rendering everything works fine only to find the morning after that the rendering is still going at SL 4 ( after 9 hours) and the CPU usage is at 0.
The countdown on top of the maxwell rendering still runs with extimate time left, but the render is not progressing, on the task manager its not using any cpu, basically its like stopped.

This happened more than 5 times and its a lot of frustration. Anyone had this behaviour at all? As i said there is nothing in the logs because its like the rendering is still going on but it is not.

Im running the latest Maxwell Render version.
I would check Windows power settings. It could be happening that Windows disconnects the drives after some time.

Cheers!
F.
I got some issue with denoiser as well, setup interior render(res 2500x1750) SL18 with denoiser at the end. After 7 hours of rendering SL1 - 18 done SL2 - 10.02 ???? but Denoiser SL -18 and the denoised render looks like SL10. Denoiser is super slow, seems like does not make any sense to use, especially when you try to render 3K it takes forever even on my 2X Xeon Gold 6130 - 64 cores :(

Can you do denoiser faster and able to work as Extra sample to choose which objects will be denoised.
Dmitriy Berdnichenko wrote:Yes it is work fine when you choose denoiser from SL, first time I tried at the end and most of the time it has issues at least in my case.
Any way as of now denoiser does not make sense to use if you still need to setup render overnight it is to slow. :( :( :(
I can't remember, for the last 20 or more years of doing arch-viz, rendering HQ images in less than a night or a weekend, no matter what engine...
Hello Dmitriy,

When you deactivate "Use GPU" in the Denoiser section, do you always get an error message about missing OpenCL ICDs? In that case, you should install OpenCL drivers. Most of the times they come included in the graphics card drivers, but sometimes they don't. In that case, you could try installing one of the packages you can find following these links:
-from AMD: https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articl ... river.aspx
-from Intel: https://software.intel.com/en-us/articl ... cl-drivers

If the Denoiser takes too long (it's normal that takes a while with big images, but I mean TOO long), could you check your computer's RAM?; it could happen that it has been maxed-out. It could happen because of the size of the image or it could be related to a memory leak that happens sometimes with the Denoiser (we still have to fix it).

Regarding the problem you've got with the SL1:18 and SL2:10 render, maybe the render was stopped by the time limit? The Denoiser should have no problem calculating the denoised image from two renders with different SL though.

I hope this helps,
Fernando
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]