Everything related to Maxwell Render and general stuff that doesn't fit in other categories.
By luis.hijarrubia
seghier wrote:That's cool , are the seeds of the procedural texture used one time or randomly ? If i am not wrong about how it work
I don't understand the question. And that's no triplanar projection. We still use UV and not UVW, it's a new procedural that let you randomize some bitmap parameters per object.
By luis.hijarrubia
seghier wrote:I think that you use a method to randomize seeds of procedural texture and every seed used just one time for every cube.
I don't speak about triplanar
The triplanar part was answering the previous user, Nasok.
No, the image itself it's not a procedural. The marble thing it's a bitmap, selected trought a new procedural that let you randomize some parameters.
By luis.hijarrubia
seghier wrote:That't good and very useful, is it possible to use procedural texture (marble , wood ...) With randomized seeds and every seed used one time to avoid repetition ?
No, old procedurals won't be changed.
By Nasok
Okay so this procedural let's you randomise some parameters from bitmap input - NOW we're talking!!
What sort of parameters could be randomised ? offset ? rotation ? brightness ? hue ? :)

And - what's most important - how are you guys going to call it ?
By luis.hijarrubia
Nasok wrote:Okay so this procedural let's you randomise some parameters from bitmap input - NOW we're talking!!
What sort of parameters could be randomised ? offset ? rotation ? brightness ? hue ? :)

And - what's most important - how are you guys going to call it ?
Offset and rotation. You can add brightness or hue variations staking a random color over it. The name of this procedural is RandomUVs.
By Nasok
That sounds pretty badd-ass. and as I already said - could be super useful for all sorts of tiles ..
wait a sec there is a colour random procedural ?
Please say it will be in Maya plugin at some point of time - we desperately need it :))
By Mihai
Yes but is it possible to change the texture for every third tile diagonally and every fifth tile horizontally? While every second texture is mirrored on the V axis? Unless it's a Tuesday in which case I need them be mirrored on the U. Otherwise this is useless for me...
By Forum Moderator
Mihai wrote:Yes but is it possible to change the texture for every third tile diagonally and every fifth tile horizontally? While every second texture is mirrored on the V axis? Unless it's a Tuesday in which case I need them be mirrored on the U. Otherwise this is useless for me...
:lol:
Sketchup 2024 Released

Any idea of when the Maxwell Sketchup plugin will […]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]