Everything related to Maxwell Render and general stuff that doesn't fit in other categories.
By Andrea Silvi
Hello everyone, I need some advice on how to improve this work.
These images you see is only part of the work.
The client tells me that the images are "flat".
Can I use some color-contrast lights (warm / cold tones)?
I await your instructions. Thank you
@Mihai
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By PA3K
Hello Andrea,

i would suggest this:
1. Use less uniform lighting. Try to make basic contrast with shadow/illuminated areas.
2. Use little more complex materials (different roughness/mapped roughness). Most of Your materials look as a uniform textures. Use shaders more "material" oriented than texture oriented. Use textures to map more material chanels (especially roughness). Use more reflections.
3. Be sure not exceed 225 value for any of RGB chanel of the material colour (golden rule). Using 255,255,255 for white colour will lower contrast of the image dramaticaly.

And You always can play with gama, burn, "S"-curve ... in postproduction.

Probably You already know all of this. Maybe Mihai will send You some more advanced tips :) .

Pa3k
By Max
only thing i could see in these images as was suggested before already, is that the light sources eat each other, producing a very even illuminated image, there is very few contrast areas, where the surfaces might look more interesting.

I'd tone down some lights, especially neon ones, or just lower them to 0 and start rising them one by one to look for more interesting lighting.

some materials could use a bit more interesting shading, most of them are quite lambertian (so to speak).
By Andrea Silvi
Thanks for the valuable advice.
In reality, an HDR is already there.
Ok 255 for the white .. I already paid attention to that.
As lighting sources, I adhered to those of the project, adding in some cases, hidden emitter panels.
I always fear to give too much roughness to materials.
Maybe I can increase on the gray floor, which is tatami, but the texture of the texture is very fine and risk mouaré effect.

Thank you!!
Sketchup 2024 Released

Any idea of when the Maxwell Sketchup plugin will […]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]