Everything related to the integration for Revit.
By cosoli
After I installed the lastest version plugin for revit, Revit sometimes would crash after Maxwell render starting render or export to Maxwell Studio. (I mean that only Revit crashed but Maxwell render or Maxwell studio can still work :?: )

It happened in both situations CPU /GPU render

Could anyone help me?

Tks
I can not reproduce the crashes here.

Do you use Revit 2018? What happens exactly? You open the scene, don't change anything just click on FIRE and it crashes? And it crashes also when you click on the open in Studio button too?

Márton
By cosoli
Marton Day8 wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:49 am
I can not reproduce the crashes here.

Do you use Revit 2018? What happens exactly? You open the scene, don't change anything just click on FIRE and it crashes? And it crashes also when you click on the open in Studio button too?

Márton
Yes, I used Revit 2018

I just opened the scene and click on render or Export MXS button, it can start the Render Window or export well, but next sec. my revit just crashed..............
And you use plugin version

and Maxwell Render version

right?

Maybe you have changed something in the Render Parameters settings or int the plugin preferences?

and it doesn't crash with the previous plugin version?
(Sorry for asking these but I have to understand why it is happening there and difficult to find the grip on this problem.)

Márton
Hi,
Just a wild guess: could it be happening that the output folder is protected or maybe it's trying to overwrite a protected file? Is there any backup or sync program like Dropbox, Gdrive or Onedrive working in the background that could be temporarily blocking the output file?
If there is any, I would try to turn it off and export again, just to check.

Best,
Fernando
I think I can reproduce the crash now.

It happens when the plugin log message window shows up (so in case there is a scene which produces warning messages during export -> in this case the missing ies files) and Revit is not the actual front window.

Is it what is happening there? You start the export and during export you switch to another app?

Márton
By cosoli
Marton Day8 wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:57 am
It happens when the plugin log message window shows up (so in case there is a scene which produces warning messages during export -> in this case the missing ies files) and Revit is not the actual front window.
Yes, sometimes it crashed in this situation.

So, I can't switch to another app then Maxwellrender exporting?
By cosoli
Marton Day8 wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:55 am
This is a tricky bug because it happens inside Revit not inside the plugin.

So I had to change the code to avoid this Revit bug.

Please test this version (overwrite the original file)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8h5tuv9zev0c4 ... 8.zip?dl=0

Márton
Tks Marton

but....... it would show this error after I cover the original one

BTW, I test another sample file "rac_advanced_sample_project"

The auto-converted materials issue appear again (see ceiling and the yellow wall)

I have forgotten that it is not enough to change only one file.

here is the new build with installer:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3kjy63ejw1xnm ... 3.zip?dl=0

Could you send me those walls? (which are yellow but should be something different)
I don't need the full scene just the geometries with the wrong looking materials.
I have to check which material component went off.

Márton
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]