Everything related to Maxwell Render and general stuff that doesn't fit in other categories.
By fmadaleno
Hi,

Can anyone explain me why the instances don´t show up on Studio. I pick an object and then i press instance, then i try to move it and appears an arrow and not the object. If i turn on Fire i can see the instance but only then.
What am i doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.
By fmadaleno
If i have a brand new scene the instances do show up. After the scene is crowded i stop seeing the instances, only with fire or the final render.
Which appearance should i select to keep the instances showing?

Thanks

P.S - what are the diferences between instances and clones. Clones appear perfectly but appear heavier on the scene.
By luis.hijarrubia
fmadaleno wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:55 pm
P.S - what are the diferences between instances and clones. Clones appear perfectly but appear heavier on the scene.
It's that. A clone it's a new copy of everything (every vertex) on the scene. An instance it's a "soft copy". Metadata of the object, like transformation or material assignment is duplicated, but base geometry is not duplicated on memory.
By Mihai
Looks like an issue with your graphics card. Maybe try turning off vertex buffers, anti aliasing if you have it on and lowering the texture resolution. You can find these settings under Preferences>Viewport. Try also different shading modes like Shaded or Wireframe.
Sketchup 2024 Released

Any idea of when the Maxwell Sketchup plugin will […]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]