Everything related to Maxwell Render and general stuff that doesn't fit in other categories.
By T0M0
Gimme fuel, Gimme fire, Gimme that which I desire, Ooh!

:twisted:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By Rafal SLEK
:-)
"Noise is down" suggests Maxwell denoiser?
By T0M0
What I found about 4.1 via documentation:

- Plugin now uses central Maxwell installation.
- Added Denoiser options to Maxwell render settings //(looks like support for Altus)
- Added Xrite AXF Material extensions //(plugin Maya, 3Ds Max maybe others too)
- Added Table BRDF Material extension //(plugin Maya, 3Ds Max maybe others too)
- Added Maxwell Light Panel //Maya plugin
- Added FIRE engine menu to Maxwell render settings //Maya plugin
- CPU Threads can have negative values.
By T0M0
NEW VERSION IS AVAILABLE VIA PORTAL :)

OFFICIAL RELEASE NOTES - Maxwell 4.1.0.3

4.1.0.3 Release Notes
Maxwell GPU
Improvement: The GPU engine can tile the render to use less memory footprint. Now if a scene cannot be rendered because id does not fit the GPU memory the GPU engine automatically tiles the render (partition into smaller regions called tiles) to use less memory and try to do the render.
Fixed: Layer opacity with 2 layers and no maps.
Fixed: Usage of thread mapping feature in the GPU engine was not properly done. It could potentially make some artifacts appear in long-time renders of scenes (high sampling levels).
Fixed: Lighting could be wrong in some scenes with just IBL or IBL+Emitters in the GPU engine.

Maxwell Render
New: added Denoiser feature in Render Options Panel
New: added new MERL TableBrdf material.
New: added new X-Rite AxF material that gives compatibility to their files.
Changed: modified render progress and render info toolbars to adapt to new denoiser render routine
Fixed: Maxwell may crash if camera response is changed while rendering.
Fixed: reflectance and uv channels could be wrong if shadow channel was enabled
Feature: negative threads can be selected. This have the meaning of number of logical processors on the machine minus selected number of threads.

Maxwell Network
New: added Denoiser capabilities to the network system.
New: added Denoiser checkbox in Monitor.
Fixed: Maxwell node in nogui mode crash on Windows.
Feature: Engine can be selected on wizard.

Maxwell Studio
New: added Denoiser feature in Render Options > Scene tab.
New: added new Lights Panel
New: added new illumination assets in Library Panel.
Changed: now Studio installs in the same folder as Maxwell Render in a effort to limit Maxwell installations to one and not duplicate them per product as before.
By Mihai
Lets use this thread to post our opinions about this new release. So far I haven't had time to test too much the new stuff.

Noise reduction
I did a few tests and it is really good. Especially in interior renders or product/jewelry renders where you needed some nice reflective caustics but had to wait to SL 20-21 to render them more or less clean. Now you should be able to get away with a much lower SL and so potentially saving over 10x time in these difficult render scenarios. I'd like to see some changes in the UI though...

AxF and MERL database materials
This can potentially be huge, especially the Xrite AxF materials. You can download the MERL database materials here:
http://people.csail.mit.edu/wojciech/BR ... ase/brdfs/

For the Xrite materials, there are samples here but I haven't been able to download them:
http://www.xrite.com/page/axf-sample-fi ... le_library

You have to fill in a form and after I do that, it just updates the page saying the download "is on its way" but nothing happens (my adblocker is turned off). Has anyone been able to download some samples?
By luis.hijarrubia
Mihai wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:08 pm
You have to fill in a form and after I do that, it just updates the page saying the download "is on its way" but nothing happens (my adblocker is turned off). Has anyone been able to download some samples?
Tried with firefox and doesn't work either to me.
By Mihai
If you turn denoise on, what happens is Maxwell actually renders two renders at the SL you specified in render options. Besides these two renders it also renders reflectance, normals and position channels which it will use to decide what is detail in textures/materials that should be kept and what is noise. It also compares the noise in those two renders to further help with the accurate noise reduction, without removing details like normal noise reduction can do.

The difference between the "fast" and "accurate" presets is that the accurate one also renders a shadow channel (in addition to all the others) and this might be of help to determine where to apply NR. But so far I haven't found much difference and the thing is the shadow channel takes a long time to render. So far I'm using the fast preset so it skips the shadow channel.

I also set the scenes SL to about SL11, because remember you get two renders with NR, so the two merged ones is more like SL12. It depends on the scene how high your initial SL should be, but I think it will be pretty rare to go above SL 12. Maybe only in very difficult scenes where the noise is still very course also at SL 13 or so.
By seghier
thanks for informations
luis.hijarrubia wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:24 pm
Mihai wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:08 pm
Tried with firefox and doesn't work either to me.
the link removed : http://www.xrite.com/page/axf-sample-files ,or myabe they will fix it
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]