Add here your best high-quality Maxwell images.
By Tung Ling Leung
Hi Everyone,

This is my latest Halo diamond rendering. Recently I use my spare time to study, practice and experiments in all different factors can make my Jewellery rendering nicer . Please feel free to leave any comments/advices to me. I still trying to push my rendering go forward if possible.

All the best,

Tony :D

Last edited by Tung Ling Leung on Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:04 am, edited 32 times in total.
By Tung Ling Leung
Hi Everyone,

Customize Color Gems stone material are very challenging, any material experts or Maxwell team can give me any advise or suggest to improve my Blue sapphire material?

:D Tony Leung
By Tung Ling Leung
Hi Jojojo,

Thanks very much for your reply! Yes, I did try complex.ior file, but they don't look realistic compare to Blue Sapphire in real life. I am trying to push my Maxwell rendering go further.

Have a Great Day!

Tony
By jojojoj
OK, is your scene scale correct?
I think you should manly work on the lighting, to get the sparkles and depth you're probably missing, it's looking pretty uniform which doesn't enhance the above said.
Keep on going!
By Tung Ling Leung
Hi Jojojo,

Thanks for your input! I use HDR only. I did search around color gems jewellery CG rendering ( even from different render engines too ) on internet for comparing. It seems very difficult to reproduce color Gems stone in 3D rendering. Anyone or Maxwell team can offer me some suggestions ? Can someone post example 3D rendering in color Gems stone jewellery rendering look true realistic real.
Is it there is limitation on rendering software can go further. ( I know jewellery rendering is not easy to deal with )

Thanks,
Tony
Last edited by Tung Ling Leung on Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By jojojoj
I'd say it is the opposite. Maxwell is very well suited for gems, having real dispersion for instance (make sure you checked that option). Try working with a set of single light sources, or at least hdrs which mimic them and you'll see you get more contrasty images with more depth and sparkles. I'm pretty sure your actual hdr is way too uniform in its light distribution. The gems need dark and light areas...
By Tung Ling Leung
Hi Everyone,

I just update my Blue Sapphire Halo engagement ring rendering here, I will try to push Maxwell render go further when I have time. Hope any material or lighting experts can give me advice to improve my rendering better.

Best regards,
Tony
Hi Tony,

I am finding the diamonds to display much better, what d'ya think? The sapphire is still pale in its appearance an seems to be made of plastic. You need to work on that. Multilight is your friend here.
Also keep in mind that diamonds have a very distinct cut/shape, maybe try another one for the sapphire. If I'm not wrong you used the same for both.
The diamonds will also improve furthermore alongside the sapphire...

Keep going

jojojoj
I think jewelry photographers use different lighting setups for different stones and then combine them in post. So you should think in those terms I think. For example a sparkle light for bigger stones:

http://easternlighting.com/wp-content/u ... 38_Web.png

Multilight allows you to combine these lighting setups easily.
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]