Everything related to Maxwell Render and general stuff that doesn't fit in other categories.
By seghier
Hello
thanks for the team for this new update but some problems still exist
- when open the ies folder studio crashed and force closed
- maxwell render always use Normal priority even if i choose low priority in studio
- with hdr light only and gpu enabled the render always black : is the a problem with my graphic card ?
- material browser WEB need improvement ; we need always scale the tab to see the material preview ; can you change the position of the material preview above material filters ?
- in preferences : MXM gallery with login informations still exist , why ?
- sometimes in maxwell render when i choose lock panels the camera/render tabs became small

and i have question about the new procedural texture : MultipointGradient
it look the same as Gradient with two fixed colors : red and green
By luis.hijarrubia
seghier wrote: - when open the ies folder studio crashed and force closed
- maxwell render always use Normal priority even if i choose low priority in studio
Finally I could reproduce the ies crash, working on it.
The priority on normal force is intended. We had serious problems on newer windows of render working only on 1 core when low priority was set. This force will be there while we find a better solution.
By seghier
luis.hijarrubia wrote:
seghier wrote: - when open the ies folder studio crashed and force closed
Finally I could reproduce the ies crash, working on it.
The priority on normal force is intended. We had serious problems on newer windows of render working only on 1 core when low priority was set. This force will be there while we find a better solution.
Thanks Luis
replacing of one ldt file solve the problem ; i used ldt editor to fix it
i hope you fix the problems soon :)
By luis.hijarrubia
Well, altough i could reproduce it on V3, we are testing on V4, and on 4.0.0.7 and 4.0.0.8 ies outdoor folder is opening without any problem on 2 different machines. Can anyone else try it?

The negative cpu numbers always sounded interesting to me, will do it as soon as I have time.
Sketchup 2024 Released

Any idea of when the Maxwell Sketchup plugin will […]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]