Everything related to Maxwell Render and general stuff that doesn't fit in other categories.
By zparrish
Is there something special I need to do to download the v4 network tools? I have an existing v3 infrastructure, just bought the v4 upgrade, and installed the 3ds Max plugin (which apparently installed the v4 engine too). I can't figure out how to upgrade the networking tools, so my nodes don't have the v4 engine yet. In my portal, all I see is the following under downloads:

I'll probably open a support ticket too, but just wanted to ask here since I'm confident a forum member and end user has dealt with this already. Thanks guys!
By zparrish
Thanks for the info Luis! When I was looking through the betas section, I noticed all the other plugins and downloads were for version 3, so I just assumed the Tech Preview network system was the same. It never really dawned on me to actually look though :)

Thanks again!
By zparrish
I just noticed the download for the Render Nodes is now available through my customer portal. This is actually the download I was looking for initially. The beta tools still need some work as I was unable to get them to run on my farm. I think the biggest problem with the beta tools is their OpenGL dependency. My farm has integrated, BMC type GPUs that don't support OpenGL, so unless I intall an Addon GPU to each server and wire them all up to a KVM hub, the tools won't run and tell me that my OpenGL support is insufficient. I know there's "nogui" modes for the tools, but to require OpenGL just for the GUIs of the Tech Preview components seems a bit overkill. It would be nice if that dependency wasn't there so the programs were easier to deploy on more traditional render farms.
the render does not start

Also open the Console and read through it to see i[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]