By bjorn.syse
Hi!

How is Compability with CInema R17 for the plugin?

Thinking mostly about the new Take system, how does that plugin into the workflow with maxwell?

Regards

- Björn
By JDHill
The plugin (which works fine in R17 in my tests) is not specifically aware of that system, but people should be glad to hear that it appears (in my limited use so far) to solve the problem of using different material types on a given object in different renderers, since it is capable of switching out the materials assigned to texture tags. So, you can make a take, assign materials, make another, assign some other materials to the same tags, and then switch between them, by switching between takes.
By bjorn.syse
You know what would be useful regarding the take system? a function to export MXS-files for all the takes, or for all selected takes. Similar to the built in function to Render all takes or all selected takes.

Perhaps this can be scripted somehow? where would I start if I wanted to script this within Cinema?

Regards

- Björn
By SIgor
JDHill wrote:If I understand you correctly, you should find this in the Maxwell Object Properties tag.
Are we talking about Maxwell Studio app or Cinema 4D plugin?! Because I cant find it in Cinema plugin manager or tag.
By JDHill
I'm referring to the Maxwell for Cinema plugin -- make a cube, select it in the Cinema Object Manager, and click Tags > Maxwell Tags > Object Properties in the Object Manager menu; when you select the Maxwell Object Properties tag this adds to the cube, and view it in the Attribute Manager, the second main group is named Visibility, and here you will find the Hide from Camera option.
By SIgor
JDHill wrote:I'm referring to the Maxwell for Cinema plugin -- make a cube, select it in the Cinema Object Manager, and click Tags > Maxwell Tags > Object Properties in the Object Manager menu; when you select the Maxwell Object Properties tag this adds to the cube, and view it in the Attribute Manager, the second main group is named Visibility, and here you will find the Hide from Camera option.
Oh, do I feel stupid now. How did I miss that...thank you very much!

Igor
Sketchup 2024 Released

Any idea of when the Maxwell Sketchup plugin will […]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]