By kami
Dear all
How is the workflow when working with IES/LDT data?
I set up an emitter Material with and LDT file, changed the material preview type to emitter_ies and it shows my light distribution pretty well.
But if I apply that material to either a small sphere, or a small plane, it does not show in the scene.
If I set the intensity extremely high then, it sort of emitts light, but not in the right pattern.
Could the ldt-file be bad, if the preview looks so nice?
Or did I do anything wrong?
Best,
Christoph
By JDHill
Please try applying the emitter material to a Rhino spotlight instead, because a plane or sphere exists in world space and has no concept of location or direction.
By kami
Thanks, I'll give that a try.
One other question: the light source itself will be invisible then, right?
There is no other way, then to use a second emitter to see the light source of an IES than using a second emitter object?
By JDHill
When the plugin finds a spotlight with an IES (or spotlight) material applied, it skips exporting a physical translation of the spotlight, so there will not be two lights.
By kami
Sorry, my last post was a bit misleading.
My question was, what do I have to do, if I want to acheive this look:

If I only us an IES-Emitter on a spotlight, I do get the nice light on the wall, but the light source itself will be invisible, which means, the lights will look like they are switched off.
Do I need to add a second emitter to a surface in the spotlights, just so they appear switched on? Or is there another, better way to do it?
By JDHill
I don't happen to know of any other way -- you would need to model the bulb/diffuser separately and assign it its own material.

...and 3 Days later, 82.528 Views !!! ...NL, every[…]

Hello dear customers, We have just released a new[…]

grass generator extension

Just downloaded MWR5 for Rhino 6 and want to use g[…]

Hello everyone, I have a new bug with the latest M[…]