By stir
I cant get mxmesher working. I have 3.1.3 3ds max plugin and 3.1 maxwell. I had it working a month ago, but when i try now (max2014) its all just black. 0 verticies. No error message. No matter what i set on the parameters (have tried deafault and set radius from 0.005 to 100 also tried different stuff on plygonsize). And im loading bin files. I have tried several different simulations. Simulations that worked a month ago. I cant understand anything of this. Any known issues with this version of mxmesher? I have tried bin files that range from 15 mb to 1 gb. I can see the particle representation in the viewport.
By stir
I have also tried with 3ds max 2015, and i get a different bug there. Maxwell crashes at rendertime. I have tried same amount of parameters and different bin files here. Cant get it working.
By stir
Okey!

I finaly found the Issue! Mxmesher doesnt like BIN files. At least not when they get a little bit big, but it seams the threshold kicks in at just a few mb. When i use .rpc it renders fine, and renders fast. How come its acting like this?
By Mihnea Balta
The problem could be related to the parameters you're using for the meshing process. I've forwarded your files to the developer in charge of the mesher extension, so he can check if you need to use different parameters, or if this is a bug inside the extension itself.
By stir
Thank you. I feel i have tried very many different parameters. Same on radius and ploygon. Everything from 1 on both all the way to 0.001 on both. No filters.
By Bubbaloo
It worked for me with Max 2015 on your turbine bin file. At 10 polygon size and 10 radius, Maxwell meshed it in just a few seconds. The rendered mesh looked good. The only other thing I did was I changed it from hybridomesh to RFRK.
By stir
okey, that was a segnificant change though. From hybrido mesh to RFRK. Why does that solve anything? What is the difference. I just want to know.
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]