By seghier
hello ; i create maxwell sea in rhino 4 and when i open fire i got error
The render engine reports the following errors:

1. Type: System.AccessViolationException
Source: Maxwell
Message: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
to CmaxwellRender.startRender (CmaxwellRender *)
to Maxwell.Scenes.nIPScene.RenderScene (nIPScene *)

By JDHill
First, which version of the plugin are we talking about? Second, is it possible to reproduce this starting with an empty model, adding a default Maxwell Sea object, and rendering it in FIRE, or do some Maxwell Sea parameters need to be changed before the issue appears? And if so, would it happen to be the Quality value that needs to be changed? Rhino 4 being 32-bit, it is possible to run the process out of memory by using too high a Quality value.
By seghier
JDHill wrote:First, which version of the plugin are we talking about? Second, is it possible to reproduce this starting with an empty model, adding a default Maxwell Sea object, and rendering it in FIRE, or do some Maxwell Sea parameters need to be changed before the issue appears? And if so, would it happen to be the Quality value that needs to be changed? Rhino 4 being 32-bit, it is possible to run the process out of memory by using too high a Quality value.
i use Maxwell_for_Rhino-3.0.3-x86
when i exploded maxwell sea model ; it rendered in fire without problem
By JDHill
That explains it: the problem comes from using plugin 3.0.3 with Maxwell 3.0.13. Instead, it is necessary either to use Maxwell 3.0.1, or to use a newer plugin. The 3.0.6 plugin available here no longer depends on the installed Maxwell version.
By JDHill
To clarify for others who may read this, it is not accurate to say that anything was fixed; when running the plugin version (3.0.3) from the customer portal, it is necessary to use the version of Maxwell (3.0.1) available there, too. Likewise, if running Maxwell (3.0.13) from the betas page, then the plugin from there (3.0.6) should be used.
Sketchup 2024 Released

Any idea of when the Maxwell Sketchup plugin will […]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]