By kami
Hi Jeremy

I'm experiencing a weird extremely long delay, when switching from wireframe view to rendered preview in the rhino viewport. But only under one specific circumstance:
If my rhino file is saved at the root directory of my library server. The same file is extremely quick when placed in an empty subfolder.

I tried this with a fresh file with just one object and one material with one texture applied to it (which is linked with the correct path). And even though this one texture is only a few kB large, it takes half a minute to switch to rendered viewport, when the file sits in the rood directory.
First I was assuming the 'Perform Path check' feature to be responsible for this delay, as disabling it helped me with other problems I had with delays ... But when I disabled it, nothing changes. Might it be possible that rhino is going through all subfolders to look for something, even though nothing is missing?

I am not entirely sure if it as maxwell related problem, but don't know how to find out. Do you have any possiblities to test that? Can you even reproduce it?

Thanks
Christoph

PS:
You might remember that I have had similar sounding problems since a while now: http://maxwellrender.com/forum/viewtopi ... 05&t=42032
Concerning that case, I now removed all the Texture Folders in the settings and I am fixing all my missing/moved textures manually.
It creates a bit of extra work, but at least I don't have to wait for several minutes every few clicks ...
I think the key would be this:
kami wrote:I'm experiencing a weird extremely long delay, when switching from wireframe view to rendered preview in the rhino viewport.
As far as I know, there is no code executed by the plugin in response to this change (wireframe > rendered), which would tend to imply that it would be Rhino itself looking for a texture. So, I would begin by trying to reproduce the behavior without involving the plugin, by setting up a similar scenario that uses only native Rhino materials. You might also want to check Rhino's own search paths, in File > Properties > Rhino Options > Files > Search Paths, though I believe that in addition to explicit paths, it will also attempt to resolve missing paths using the current directory, and so forth.
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]