- backface material weight (front / back) - percentage
- backface multi material support

by egmehl
- procedural materials in the material editor + viewports
- ability to have an emitter in a multi-sub material

by alexlettre
- Handling IFL
- Transparency in viewport
- Focus over an object in fire (see Maya's plugin)
Last edited by vizport on Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.
By raduc
@vizport
We will add 1 to a future release
2 is already implemented in the latest beta plugin
3 and 4 cannot be implemented right now because the engine doesn't support them

@egmehl
We plan to add both but it is fairly complicated so it will take some time.

@alexlettre
We don't have IFL support because the sequence tab from mxbitmap should provide the same functionality with less hassle, is there a specific use case that you need and isn't covered by the sequence options from mxbitmap?
2 cannot be done unfortunately
3 will be added in a future release
By egmehl
Just thought of one more that would make life better :)
- don't export xref scenes that are not visible (for example, import an xref scene, but isolate some other objects in your main scene and render a quick preview - all of the xref scenes that are enabled are exported even though they are not visible in the viewport)
By raduc
egmehl wrote:Just thought of one more that would make life better :)
- don't export xref scenes that are not visible (for example, import an xref scene, but isolate some other objects in your main scene and render a quick preview - all of the xref scenes that are enabled are exported even though they are not visible in the viewport)
This should work like described in the latest beta plugin
By GM5
Is it possible to have an emitter in a multi/sub material in the 3.0 plug-in now? I don't see it listed in the update thread.

I saw the reply to egmehl's question "We plan to add both but it is fairly complicated so it will take some time" in January. This feature worked with Maxwell v1 in 3ds Max to create this image back in in 2006:

I just tried updating my old multi/sub file using Maxwell v2.72 and the latest plug-in for 3ds max and the multi/sub emitter doesn't seem to work. I receive this message:

ERROR: - object Sphere03 is not an emitter but it has triangles with emitter material
ERROR: - Data preprocess failed. Render cannot continue.

I am close to purchasing Maxwell 3, but am a bit concerned that there may be other issues with features I have used in earlier versions of Maxwell.

-Greg
By Mihnea Balta
Emitter sub-materials don't work. We are planning to make the plug-in automatically extract those parts of the mesh and apply the emitter material directly to them, but we don't have an ETA for this feature yet.
By GM5
Thanks Mihnea.

I purchased 3.0 yesterday and am trying to get up to speed with it. Love having procedurals available. One thing I ran into right away - are there plans to add procedurals to the plug-ins so you don't need to use referenced materials when using procedurals?

-Greg
By Mihnea Balta
Yes, we plan on adding procedurals in all the plug-ins, but we need to make some changes to the procedurals system for this, and we don't have a deadline for it yet.
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]