All posts related to V2
By Steve Jepson
That is a good way to do this seghier, thanks.

This was not something that required a very good rendering but if it was, how do I get the best results rendering an object like this chair?

Do I need to put something around it to reflect the light better or would that make any difference?

This is the result the fabricator was happy enough with so he could show his customer about what to expect.
By seghier
when you pack and go your scene you must zip the folder ( mxs + textures)
and if you want brushed metal you need to create metal and play with texture and settings to get what you need
i use v3 and i don't know if the material i created is compatible with v2
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/g6zgl7nt1c97 ... /metal.rar
By Steve Jepson
thanks seghire,

That texture works much better than the one I tweaked.
By eric nixon
This thread is too funny, reminds of the film Idiocracy, btw that mxm is bogus, like bubba said - you need to remove the highlights, any texture that has extreme lightpollution (highlights or shadows) is basically useless.
By seghier
eric nixon wrote:This thread is too funny, reminds of the film Idiocracy, btw that mxm is bogus, like bubba said - you need to remove the highlights, any texture that has extreme lightpollution (highlights or shadows) is basically useless.
your comment remind me when the police come in the end of the film just for make the end
By Steve Jepson
eric nixon wrote:This thread is too funny, reminds of the film Idiocracy, btw that mxm is bogus, like bubba said - you need to remove the highlights, any texture that has extreme lightpollution (highlights or shadows) is basically useless.
What is too funny about this post? I got the help I needed, the client got the images they were after, and I have been paid for it.

I don't see that you can do it any better than I can. You can download the model and show me how much better you can make it look. Then I can laugh at this post too.
By eric nixon
heres a compromise, renders quick 2mins-sl14. a gift for your client from da internets..

Image Its still bogus but maybe useful seeing as your client has seen that reference already.

https://www.mediafire.com/?sf0cy8pfnrci7k4

I just used seggy's map. btw this isnt a reply to your post, I hadnt read that. Making that material properly with a real aniso angle map would be tricky.
Sketchup 2024 Released

Any idea of when the Maxwell Sketchup plugin will […]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]