All posts related to V2
By shen.de
sandykoufax wrote:I remember I cannot buy with dollar. Non-US people should buy it with Euro price. :(
I also always thought the dollar>euro conversion was a bit off :) we'll see what happens. I just bought a new camera for my archi photography. hope the update price will be reasonable.
By numerobis
shen.de wrote: hope the update price will be reasonable.
:?: the Euro price has already been announced...
Jenny Fermor wrote: For existing customers (of V1 or V2) you can upgrade to either the node-locked or floating version for 345€ and 425€ respectively, and the floating version comes with the 10 rendernodes included for free.

These 10 rendernodes with the V3 floating licenses are issued independently and irrespectively of any current V2 node licenses you own - they come for free, as standard with the package. This means that IF you want more than 10 nodes, you can then also upgrade any V2 nodes that you have as well (in packs of 5) for 295€.

This is the official pricing, I hope it clarifies the situation.
By shen.de
numerobis wrote:
shen.de wrote: hope the update price will be reasonable.
:?: the Euro price has already been announced...
Jenny Fermor wrote: For existing customers (of V1 or V2) you can upgrade to either the node-locked or floating version for 345€ and 425€ respectively, and the floating version comes with the 10 rendernodes included for free.

These 10 rendernodes with the V3 floating licenses are issued independently and irrespectively of any current V2 node licenses you own - they come for free, as standard with the package. This means that IF you want more than 10 nodes, you can then also upgrade any V2 nodes that you have as well (in packs of 5) for 295€.

This is the official pricing, I hope it clarifies the situation.
345€ .... seems ok, considering I'm updating from
By choo-chee
kami wrote:
choo-chee wrote:I think those NL guys with their "must be 100% physically correct" approach don't get it, that we are willing to use it even if it's not 100% finished .... ;)
I would not agree to that. I'd rather have a working product a few days later than a buggy one now!
I'm working with maxwell for more than 5 years and it's still not finished...from ver.1 till today there are bugs and problems. Now read again: "I'm working with..." .... ;)
By simonec
choo-chee wrote:
kami wrote:
choo-chee wrote:I think those NL guys with their "must be 100% physically correct" approach don't get it, that we are willing to use it even if it's not 100% finished .... ;)
I would not agree to that. I'd rather have a working product a few days later than a buggy one now!
I'm working with maxwell for more than 5 years and it's still not finished...from ver.1 till today there are bugs and problems. Now read again: "I'm working with..." .... ;)
+1 Choo-chee

Kami, I am a software developer and architect and I can assure you that there is no such a thing as a bug-less software. :)
Truth is that publishing a software is every time a compromise between quality and prompt time to market. Naturally no one is willing to be a beta tester for a publisher, but we all are at a degree: in the long run, the user feedback is invaluable and it is only natural that most bugs flow as soon as software is subject to real-world use.

These and many other considerations would comply me to accept a less than perfect software that is working for most on my usage scenarios, provided that the maker is willing to finish it later, improving its quality and robustness.
By shen.de
simonec wrote:Don't know if you have seen this: http://support.nextlimit.com/display/ma ... V3+preview.
I did't: more details on what we have to expect from Maxwell 3. It seems to me that workflow will be improved a lot.

Let's hope to see the real thing today.

no general speed improvents beside motion blur? am I seeing that right?
By polynurb
shen.de wrote: no general speed improvents beside motion blur? am I seeing that right?
please search this thread. there have already been several answers about what to expect.
By shen.de
polynurb wrote:
shen.de wrote: no general speed improvents beside motion blur? am I seeing that right?
please search this thread. there have already been several answers about what to expect.
i did. thank you. question still stands.
By RichG
Good news on Twitter today but could do with it now. Fingers crossed tomorrow.

@Loopcorp: Come on @MaxwellRender - I've got a need for volumetrics this week, release it already!
@MaxwellRender: We are coming, just in time. :)
Sketchup 2024 Released

Any idea of when the Maxwell Sketchup plugin will […]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]