All posts related to V2
By Rafal SLEK
Q2 wrote:I think Mihai mentioned something about "fire" mainly using the GPU, whereas the final render will be computed by the CPU only .....

Maybe I am missing something....
You are right. It was discussed here also. Fire is now on GPU + faster (instant) voxelization.
By dmeyer
Rafal SLEK wrote:
Q2 wrote:I think Mihai mentioned something about "fire" mainly using the GPU, whereas the final render will be computed by the CPU only .....

Maybe I am missing something....
You are right. It was discussed here also. Fire is now on GPU + faster (instant) voxelization.
Fire is not using GPU. The only part of Maxwell that is GPU accelerated other than standard UI drawing is the MXI multilight tweaking, which is using OpenCL.
By Rafal SLEK
dmeyer wrote:
Fire is not using GPU. The only part of Maxwell that is GPU accelerated other than standard UI drawing is the MXI multilight tweaking, which is using OpenCL.
Forgive me my previous post. You are right - Multilight is on GPU in v.3 8) Unplanned little disinformation... :-)
Last edited by Rafal SLEK on Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Mihai
AlexP wrote:Mihai, wil there be speedup with lots of instances without motion blur too? I mean when there are instances in front of camera e.g. with forest, now it can be really slow...
Will pinhole camera be faster then normal one?
Please PM me a scene that's really slow with instances (compared to real objects) and I can check it out.

Pinhole can be faster just because there is no DOF which usually takes longer to clear if it's very out of focus. But if the render has a very wide DOF with no blur, it won't be faster.
By Q2
SO! Monday. New week.... Last week in November... Release week? Wasn't the release supposed to be in November?
THIS NOVEMBER?

Wasn't it? Wasn't it?

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
By simonec
choo-chee wrote:about the water, will there be an option to visualize it in the host app?
because if meshing is done only at render time it's impossible to place a boat on the water ...?
Smart question. I wonder the same.
Mihai, how did you place the boat in the second Maxwell Sea image in the mini-site?
By Mihai
simonec wrote:
choo-chee wrote:about the water, will there be an option to visualize it in the host app?
because if meshing is done only at render time it's impossible to place a boat on the water ...?
Smart question. I wonder the same.
Mihai, how did you place the boat in the second Maxwell Sea image in the mini-site?
The mesh is visible in the viewport in Studio and I guess it will be in probably all plugins as well. In the event the host app is really limited with this, you have Fire which in V3 will voxelize only what you move so it will be much faster working with it than V2.
By choo-chee
I think those NL guys with their "must be 100% physically correct" approach don't get it, that we are willing to use it even if it's not 100% finished .... ;)
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]