All posts related to V2
By feynman
JDHill wrote:Thanks, I'll see if it works differently with the zipped versions. Regarding the IES files included with Maxwell, those are just put in for example, as with the small number of included HDRIs, etc.
Thanks. Let's hope you can discover something in the "new" IES/EULUMDAT files that is non-standard; or something in MR's interpretation of the data. Maybe MR just needs an updated IES/EULUMDAT reader? Or, if that's up to date, one can tinker with "new" files manually in a text editor to get them to work...
By JDHill
I don't yet see a reason to believe there is somehow an issue with "new" IES files in general -- what I know is that we have this particular IES/LDT pair, created from the same light, ostensibly coming from the same lab, which both cause a malfunction, for reasons yet unknown. If you have others that exhibit similar behavior, please post copies of them as well, as that would be likely to help identify what's the problem.
By feynman
JDHill wrote:I don't yet see a reason to believe there is somehow an issue with "new" IES files in general -- what I know is that we have this particular IES/LDT pair, created from the same light, ostensibly coming from the same lab, which both cause a malfunction, for reasons yet unknown. If you have others that exhibit similar behavior, please post copies of them as well, as that would be likely to help identify what's the problem.
Sure, thanks, I'll do that as soon as I'm back later today. I will put those in the Dropbox folder.

I hope that probably the NL coder who coded the IES/LDT read-in routine at some point looks at one of the "new" files and says: "Ah, of course it will behave erratic - this line is not to the 2002 standard, that line here does not belong, such section here is garbage...".
By JDHill
It could come down to quite a few different factors: formatting, unexpected number of elements, stray/incorrect comma/end of line, and so forth. If the parser does not know to be on the lookout for a certain class of problem, then we should expect to see failures.
By feynman
JDHill wrote:It could come down to quite a few different factors: formatting, unexpected number of elements, stray/incorrect comma/end of line, and so forth. If the parser does not know to be on the lookout for a certain class of problem, then we should expect to see failures.
Let's hope it's the parser or the file structure. In both cases, it should be swift to amend...
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]