By JDHill
That is included in the Maxwell Render (not the plugin) installer -- by default, you should find the files in C:\Program Files\Next Limit\Maxwell 2\materials database.
By JDHill
You may be thinking of Maxwell version 1, in which there were indeed many more materials. However, most of them were just color variations on a core set, and were not (imo) really very good.
By richardfollett
I guess. Been away from Maxwell for a while. I have worked with 2 and I prob just imported the version 1 MXM files into folder.

So Im I correct in thinking it just comes with 30 materials and a few Arroway materials? as standard?

Thank you
By polynurb
richardfollett wrote: So Im I correct in thinking it just comes with 30 materials and a few Arroway materials? as standard?
if you have an internet connection on your WS, the rhino plugin now allows to directly browse and import materials through the online MXM gallery.

it is r-click in the scene manager/material tab >> the purple button, import from gallery or so..
By JDHill
richardfollett wrote:So Im I correct in thinking it just comes with 30 materials and a few Arroway materials? as standard?
Yes, but there are also more Arroway ones available for download, if you log into your account at https://portal.nextlimit.com. And as polynurb says, you can search the MXM gallery from the plugin.
By richardfollett
So I downloaded all the new arroyway materials from download portal

Then I copied all the MXM files to the MXM folder and all the textures to the textures folder.

When I load a material in Rhino it appears to be looking at the X86 folder? But I am rhino 5 so 64 bit. WHAT HAVE I DONE WRONG?

By JDHill
The path you are seeing there is just whatever is stored inside the MXM file, so it is going to be the path to the texture on the machine (here, Arroway's machine) where the MXM was created. The fact that you are still seeing this old path once the plugin has imported the MXM means the texture was not able to be found -- or that the plugin did not check for it, which will be the case here, since it will not search if "Perform Path Checking" is disabled. So please try enabling that and see if it helps.
By richardfollett
So on my old 32bit machine I find this lot of materials... Whould it be ok to use these in 2.7.22 ? I dont see why not..

I still dont understand why they have been removed.

By JDHill
If you like how they look, sure you can use them. But they are V1 materials, so must undergo a translation to V2 when you import them, and personally, I would not use them.
By richardfollett
Ok, thanks for that. So what is the suggested way forward with a new install, just download as and when you need them? Just seemed useful to me to have 20 shiny plastics for example on hand.
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]