All posts related to V2
Is there a way to convert instances in Studio to normal objects? Because I can't believe how difficult it is to edit them! The reason I want to edit them is because they all moved, somehow.. I gotta say that studio is working much worse then I expected and it's really frustrating.. :evil:
Have you tried saving out a new scene with just the instances and merging that into studio.

I dont know studio very well, but I think this is possible, and logical because scene editing in studio is madness.. Dont do it!
'convert to mesh' within the instances dialogue
How stupid of me not to think of the right click options under the instances dialogue.. but oke thanks got it! :)
eric nixon wrote:Have you tried saving out a new scene with just the instances and merging that into studio.

I dont know studio very well, but I think this is possible, and logical because scene editing in studio is madness.. Dont do it!
I'm kind of forced to work in studio at the moment, the design company I'm working at is starting with maxwell and I have to help them. The problem is that they work on mac and do their product modeling in Solidworks (windows), so the models get exported and then imported into studio where I can set up a decent lighting studio and do the materials. Studio works good for the most part but there are still(!) some serious issues that need to be fixed(!) but basic things work fine. The moment you try to do something more "exotic", like selecting faces for assigning multi-materials or selecting and moving instances, it really becomes a pain.. I've often had the feeling where I thought; If you can't make a product function properly, don't sell it, because your costumers can't rely on it.

The thing is, I'm used to working in 3ds Max and the plugin is very well integrated, so I was kind of disappointed how buggy studio is. Hopefully things will be a lot better in MR V3.0! :)
The functionality for editing in studio is really there to debug mxs files, Its not intended as a 3D app, the name studio is a bit misleading.

Its a good place to run material / lighting tests. If I was you and wanted to keep that job, I would get 3dmax back into your workflow asap. Perhaps via bootcamp.
Unfortunately they don't use 3ds Max.. but the product renders I do, often only need a simple light studio setup. I started running into problems when I imported a model that consisted of 300 parts and was using instances. Still, for people who use software like Solidworks, Studio is great except for some pretty annoying bugs.

Another thing is that we mostly work on Mac's, so in this way the models and renders are interchangeable between windows and mac. Studio really enhances the workflow for us but again it can be buggy and misses some functionality.
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]