By kami
Maybe my description was a bit misleading.

I think I did the "GatherAllFiles" to send you the MXS concerning the material preview freeze. The result was that I could not render my file via the network anymore, because he could not find the .hdr anymore.
I don't know what the routine behind the export is, but I suppose when I have relative path in my rhino (after the "GatherAllFiles") they are translated into absolute paths during export. Somehow this did not work for the Image Based Lighting, because the hdr path stayed relative, which means, that the rendering will fail if the MXS is not in the same folder as the rhino file.

Screenshot of the IBL tab looked like:

A bit weird is when I try to reproduce it again today ... with the "GatherAllFiles" he copies the .hdr in the textures subfolder but still shows the old path in the IBL tab.
But when I export it to the network manager I get the following message:
By JDHill
kami wrote:I suppose when I have relative path in my rhino (after the "GatherAllFiles") they are translated into absolute paths during export.
No, if you export to Studio, you can see that they remain as "textures/file.ext". Checking, I see the IBL paths, as shown in the UI, are not updated after the gather all files command, but this is just a UI glitch in the plugin -- they are indeed made relative, as will be seen if the 3DM is reloaded.

That means that the situation seems as I described, with the IBL channels not properly handling relative paths in the MXS being rendered (I think this has been seen before). I see in your network screenshot that no dependencies path has been set -- does it help to explicitly set this to the directory into which files have been gathered? Even without that, I don't see the same failure here, but I am away from the office, and can only test on the local machine.
Sketchup 2024 Released

Any idea of when the Maxwell Sketchup plugin will […]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]