All posts related to V2
By gadzooks
My current employer has decided to switch from Modo and Maxwell TO Max / Vray. I can't say I blame them since max + Vray is the defacto in the architectural community. Going back to max was bad enough but VRAY, with ALL THOSE SETTINGS IS GIVING ME A $#@%ing* Headache. I feel as if I need a PHD to run the app.
By l1407
choo-chee wrote:I have a feeling that NL is focused on sketchup clients more than anything...
and vray is a thing that is more part of the 3ds scene.
no! NL is focused on the realflow :oops:
By l1407
joaomourao wrote:well... it just feels that we are slowing down as for the forum and maxwell testing...
there was I time when I looked at vray users and did not bother because I felt they were in a far past!
now I look at then and question my future... :(
do not get me wrong... I LOVE MAXWELL!! it is my main engine, and I use it for everything :)

so... am I the only one here having this mixed feelings? shame on me?!
question for you NL guys: how can we help improve this amazing software?

we all hate "workarounds" as in vray, but actually they are working around it! ;)

cheers!
You need plan B 8) :lol:
By joaomourao
I have no intention to swap Maxwell for V-Ray...
The concept behind Maxwell is clear and unique in the market: QUALITY!
As for V-Ray, the word for it is SPEED!

Yes I prefer quality over speed and I do know that with future technology, it will be easier to get more speed than more quality.
V-Ray ir widely spread because of this production advantage and actually they are getting in more quality with their v3.
So I agree with you Tok Tok, Maxwell rules in materials but those computers and fast renderings/previews seem a bit far for us, "defenders of light"! I ever never seen an example of this kind of speed with Maxwell... :(
My PC is exactly the same as yours Tok Tok... don't you feel you need more speed? Or you think the solution is spending $10000 on a new heavy machine?

... what is interesting is that most people using maxwell is "begging" for just one thing: SPEED!
Seems pretty natural, as for quality we already have it! So I hope this v3 is all about it either in previews or rendering!
By Tok_Tok
joaomourao wrote: I ever never seen an example of this kind of speed with Maxwell... :(
My PC is exactly the same as yours Tok Tok... don't you feel you need more speed? Or you think the solution is spending $10000 on a new heavy machine?
Well, if you use FIRE on a PC with that budget I think you can come a long way. Besides Maxwell has a great network client so investing in dedicated render machines is also a good option, I don't see vray doing that. (correct me if I'm wrong)
joaomourao wrote:... what is interesting is that most people using maxwell is "begging" for just one thing: SPEED!
Seems pretty natural, as for quality we already have it! So I hope this v3 is all about it either in previews or rendering!
I agree with you on that! Maxwell already has a lot of features which are great and it is closing up to be a complete packages. So what do you ask for when you already have everything else, the one thing which you can't get enough of, SPEED! Even if Maxwell would render 5x as fast as it does now.. people get used to it and still think the software could be faster. Actually Maxwell is already pretty fast, and there will always be other render engines which are faster... but do they have to quality and ease of use?
By Asmithey
Render Farms. That's how I do it. I just bill the client.
By choo-chee
Asmithey wrote:Render Farms. That's how I do it. I just bill the client.
plz tell me your secret how to make clients pay for this.... :shock:
By Asmithey
I tell them up front. I have not done an animation with Maxwell. But the still images really are not that expensive. I mainly use the Ranch. The final renderings usually cost between $30 to $150. The only ones that come out over a hundred are night renderings. I am learning Cycles for animations.

Aaron
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]