All posts related to V2
By macray
mixepix wrote:Actually, if you read fxguide's latest article about renderers you can find find out about some of the new features. :)
Lol. I'm reading it right now, just switched tabs to check on any reactions here.... :D
By mashium123
mixepix wrote:Actually, if you read fxguide's latest article about renderers you can find find out about some of the new features. :)
well, since this is information that - obviously - had already gone public, i was thinking that dario's invitation to "guess" what is there to come was aimed at features that were not already publicly announced.

if that's not the case, then i'm a bit disappointed, since i'd have already learned about my "x-mas" presents and all the suspense and fun would be gone :)

this of course does not say anything about the potential awesomeness of the already announced things to come. :)
By JamesColeman
The no. 1 request from my students is a friendly UI (larger font, more emphasis on altering the layout for different purposes/stages). The no. 2 request is more presets, like draft/good/fine SL, wideangle/normal/telescopic focal lengths, the kind of things that experienced users know from experience, but which beginners, who won't use the program as much as a full time visualisation artist, don't have time to learn.
By photomg1
speed speed speed and an easier way to do liquid's in glass !

good to see you got a great write up on the state of rendering article , fully deserved .. congrats
Last edited by photomg1 on Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By RichG
JamesColeman wrote:The no. 1 request from my students is a friendly UI (larger font, more emphasis on altering the layout for different purposes/stages). The no. 2 request is more presets, like draft/good/fine SL, wideangle/normal/telescopic focal lengths, the kind of things that experienced users know from experience, but which beginners, who won't use the program as much as a full time visualisation artist, don't have time to learn.
Yes, focus development on satisfying lazy students! Larger font? WTF. And just tell them draft = 10 mins, good = 2 hours, fine = bugger off down the student union for a few hours. I'm sorry to sound snippy James but I'm often approached by people who want to learn to do really cool 3d work but then they're really disappointed when they realise they'll actually have to spend some time learning it. There are very few 3d apps less complicated than Maxwell in setup. What would they be like if confronted by the sampling and anti-aliasing settings in any other 3d app? When did students start using the phrase "I don't have time to learn..."

Sorry man, I've had a crappy day!

PS: Good to hear volumetrics are coming
By dmeyer
RichG wrote:
JamesColeman wrote:The no. 1 request from my students is a friendly UI (larger font, more emphasis on altering the layout for different purposes/stages). The no. 2 request is more presets, like draft/good/fine SL, wideangle/normal/telescopic focal lengths, the kind of things that experienced users know from experience, but which beginners, who won't use the program as much as a full time visualisation artist, don't have time to learn.
Yes, focus development on satisfying lazy students! Larger font? WTF. And just tell them draft = 10 mins, good = 2 hours, fine = bugger off down the student union for a few hours. I'm sorry to sound snippy James but I'm often approached by people who want to learn to do really cool 3d work but then they're really disappointed when they realise they'll actually have to spend some time learning it. There are very few 3d apps less complicated than Maxwell in setup. What would they be like if confronted by the sampling and anti-aliasing settings in any other 3d app? When did students start using the phrase "I don't have time to learn..."

+1. If anything i'd like more control, not less.

I admire Maxwell's efforts to be easy but it can be aggravating a bit when you want to push the envelope.
By photomg1
RichG wrote:

+1 , didn't want to say it but glad you did . It really isn't that hard to change the focal length ..
Sketchup 2024 Released

Any idea of when the Maxwell Sketchup plugin will […]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]