All posts related to V2
By Ernesto
Hello,

I have just found that I have a limit of 64 jobs in a batch rendering.
Is that normal? In my case (I am rendering stills) 64 images is not enough. I have 300 images to render now.
Is there another way to set up a batch job for 300 images (their names are numbered but not correlative)

Ernesto
By dmeyer
Ernesto wrote:Hello,

Is that normal? In my case (I am rendering stills) 64 images is not enough. I have 300 images to render now.
Is there another way to set up a batch job for 300 images (their names are numbered but not correlative)

Ernesto
Why not 1 job with 300 frames?
By Ernesto
dmeyer wrote:

Ernesto
Because all the file names and numbers are not correlative.
I have tried: Animation, but it accepts only one render, because of their names/numbers.
Is there another way to do it?

Ernesto
By dmeyer
Ernesto wrote:
dmeyer wrote:

Ernesto
Because all the file names and numbers are not correlative.
I have tried: Animation, but it accepts only one render, because of their names/numbers.
Is there another way to do it?

Ernesto
When I have this situation I turn them into a sequence using A Better Finder Rename and submit them as animation, so I do not have to submit many times.

If I need to preserve the filenames I have a small Automator script that saves the names out to a txt file, which is later used to rename the outputs.
By Ernesto
dmeier, said: "When I have this situation I turn them into a sequence using A Better Finder Rename"

In my case, this would be a disaster. I am not rendering animations, but stills. Each job (client) is comprised by several cameras, and they are rendered selectively (sometimes certain group, and some other time certain other groups)
I have about 5 diferent jobs (clients) to be rendered overnight, each job, has a separated folder, separated settings, diferent resolutions and Sample Levels.
The risk of mistakes is great, plus I do not know if you can render an animation which frames have diferent resolutions... (my guess is that such thing should not be possible)

Please, Next Limit , move the limit from 64 to 300 at least!

Ernesto
By Ernesto
This is strange... Today I could create a batch job of 112 diferent jobs.
Previously I had found a limit of 64...
I do not know yet if it will work fine.
The only diference in procedure was that this time I did it from scratch.
In the previous attempt where I found the limit of 64 jobs, I started with an small amount of jobs, and added new groups of jobs in several steps. Until I have got to the limit of 64.

Ernesto
By Ernesto
Well... the test didn´t worked. It crashed for an unknown reason.
I tried to rearrange the batch rendering job, but this time the limit number of jobs was: 69
This is really weird....

If I try to add more jobs, in a second entry, nothing happens, it stays in 69

Just to try to find out what was happening I stopped the network, and rearranged it again, but this time it accepted 96 works.
It has no sense!

Ernesto
By Ernesto
What i have found is that most of the times when the network system accepts more than 64 jobs, they crash or sometimes they cannot even start the first job...
If I enter less than 64 jobs, the network starts working inmediately.

Ernesto
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]