By aqualis
Hey,

I have an issue with texture mapping:
I'm using a Maxwell material with a line-mask that I have applied to a polysurface by Rhino 5 "texture mapping" > cilindrical.

In the image below you can see what I get in Rhino. The projection cilinder is visible, and the lines from the Maxwell material being projected in a horizontal way.

However, when I render the model, I get a different result, and the cilindrical projection doesn't seem to have been applied, nor the maxwell material's tiling (density of lines)

Any idea what's going on?

Tx!
By JDHill
My guess would be that one of the textures in the material uses Real Scale -- could you please check whether that's the case? You cannot, in general, mix the use of Real Scale with the use of explicit Rhino texture mappings. Otherwise, I would ask you to please send (jeremy at nextlimit dotcom) or upload (using dropbox or similar) a copy of the 3DM, so I can see what is happening.
By aqualis
yes, you're right, it is a "realscale" issue. I had it pressed "ON".

Tx for the feedback!

BTW, isn't this something that can be resolved? It's quite confusing and not intuitive really.
By JDHill
Basically, no, there is nothing to be done about it, since using both features simultaneously is asking for two mutually-exclusive things to be shown/rendered. Say you have one material using RS assigned to two objects, the second of which has explicit an texture mapping. What should happen here? If we ignore RS, the second object will render as shown in the viewport, but not the first, and vice versa. There's not really any way to eliminate this potential ambiguity, outside of simply removing RS functionality from the plugin (which I would do, if some people did not find it to be pretty useful).
Sketchup 2024 Released

Any idea of when the Maxwell Sketchup plugin will […]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]