All posts related to V2
By wimver
I have been searching manuals, discussion boards, youtube, etc, but nowhere I can find a simple workflow on how to render a batch of mxs files from an animation export. it is probably me, but the MW manual seems to be very vague when it comes to that. however it must be dead simple, since no one even mentions it.

thanks
Wim
By Hervé
well indeed dead simple..

so you have exported all your mxs files.. good..

Now open Maxwell... in render options panel load your first mxs file..

then under that you have an empty space and the word Frames in front of it... simply type 0-100 (this would render from frame 1 to frame 100, so adjust according to your animation..)

voila.. :D
By Mihai
Which plugin did you use to export the MXS sequence?

In any case, the simplest would probably be to use network (edit: or use Herves even easier suggestion) even if you just have one computer to render on. Just start Manager, Monitor, Node on the same computer. From Monitor, click Add job button > Animation and choose the first MXS. It should automatically detect the sequence if the files are named yourscene0001.mxs, yourscene0002.mxs etc. Which method you choose depends how much monitoring you need. If it's a smaller sequence, entering the frame range directly in Maxwell.exe is easiest.

Network rendering is described in detail the online docs under network rendering:
http://support.nextlimit.com/display/ma ... ork+render

If it's not a sequence, you have a "batch script" example included with the install which will render any MXS found inside a folder, available from Maxwell.exe (menu row at the top: Scripting>Load script>batch render). More details here:

http://support.nextlimit.com/display/ma ... ript+panel
By wimver
Wow Hervé, a million thanks! it IS simple indeed...

Mihai: I used the C4D plugin.

I tried it, and it works for the first mxs, and then gives an error, cannot find test_0002.mxs. as a test, I exported the animation just every 10th frame, so the next image is test_0011.mxs.
after renaming the files, it works, but isn't there a simpler option?

thanks anyway for this fast reply you both!

Wim
By Mihai
I don't understand, renamed them from what, to what?

If you only want to render some nth frames, then I think you to specify that from inside C4D render options. I'm not familiar with C4D so better ask this in the C4D forum. If Maxwell is the chosen render engine, it should start Maxwell.exe and render first 0001, then 0010, 0020 etc.

If the sequence is not too long you can probably enter in Frames: 1,10,20,30 etc...
By dmeyer
There is a script included with Maxwell that will batch render all MXS's in a given folder, even if not sequential.

You can load it by opening Maxwell and going to Scripting-Scripts-Batch Render.

THen in the script panel, change the input and output paths.

Be sure to read the attributes below in the script and comment them out if you do not want to modify the resolution, sampling, etc at render time.
By wimver
maybe I was a bit vague.
so here is the situation: in the maxwell plugin inside c4d, one can specify the step between frames to render, so I asked to render frame 0, 10,20,30,40 etc.
hence they are named file_0001.mxs, file_0011.mxs etc.

but in the MW render program, when selecting the first mxs file to render after setting the amount of frames to render, MW renders the first file, then goes looking for the second, assuming file_0002.mxs, but that one does not exist, the next one in the folder is file_0011.mxs. result is an error and the program stops.
so I renamed file_0011.mxs to file_0002.mxs, file_0021.mxs to file_0003.mxs etc.

wim
By dmeyer
wimver wrote:maybe I was a bit vague.
so here is the situation: in the maxwell plugin inside c4d, one can specify the step between frames to render, so I asked to render frame 0, 10,20,30,40 etc.
hence they are named file_0001.mxs, file_0011.mxs etc.

but in the MW render program, when selecting the first mxs file to render after setting the amount of frames to render, MW renders the first file, then goes looking for the second, assuming file_0002.mxs, but that one does not exist, the next one in the folder is file_0011.mxs. result is an error and the program stops.
so I renamed file_0011.mxs to file_0002.mxs, file_0021.mxs to file_0003.mxs etc.

wim

Yeah, i know. Try the script i mentioned just above. :wink:
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]