All posts related to V2
By lsda
Hi, for a cubic panorama we try to render in every six cube side directions. Everything is fine - except the perpendicular upright camera (with identic X and Y coordinates and different Z coordinates): this looking upright renders black. Why?
Best regards, Dominik
I think this may be some weird limitation since if both X and Z are the same (I think you ment X and Z, if you are working with Studio?), then the camera direction can't be determined. So you can enter a very small value in Z like 0,001 and it will work ok.
Yes this is a workaround that works for one single shot. The trouble is that for combing the six faces into a cubic panorama I need perfect seams. Another workaround would be to turn all the six camera. But unfortunately Maxwell does not support the roll axis either. The question is then, how to place six cameras that stand perfectly rectangular to each other or if there is a single command or tool for a cubic panorama photography.
Mihai wrote:I think this may be some weird limitation since if both X and Z are the same, then the camera direction can't be determined. So you can enter a very small value in Z like 0,001 and it will work ok.
It's interesting that you mention this. I quite often use Maxwell to create cubic panoramas but it only works if I create the six camera views with my host app (MicroStation). Attempting to setup the cameras with Maxwell Studio doesn't seem to want to work.

So for example in the Top camera view, the thing that is curious to me is that the MicroStation export plugin sets the camera "Roll Angle" to 20520.000. If I then use Maxwell Studio to manually set this value to 0 and then back to 20520, I get the black render that you mention. It ONLY works if I export the camera from MicroStation and I DO NOT touch the parameters inside Maxwell Studio.

Here's an example of the "Top" camera settings as they come out of the MicroStation plugin:
Code: Select all
     Position X [539.000]   [539.000]
              Y [117.000]   [174.000]
              Z [-1038.000] [-1038.000]
Target Distance [57.000]
     Roll Angle [20520.000]

Focal Length [18.0]mm
Andrew.
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]