All posts related to V2
By dmeyer
Nicolas Rivera wrote:Hello, i have a question, will Maxwell Benefit at all from this new card, the nVidia Quadro K5000 Graphics Card?

Thank you.
It's a nice card but no, Maxwell doesn't really benefit.

The question is whether your 3d host app will benefit...
By itsallgoode9
The previous answer is not exactly correct. When it comes to render times being faster, no, maxwell will not benefit. It will, on the other hand, make the viewport in maxwell studio work smoother and handle more ploys easier (assuming the k5000 is an upgrade from your current card)
By dmeyer
itsallgoode9 wrote:The previous answer is not exactly correct. When it comes to render times being faster, no, maxwell will not benefit. It will, on the other hand, make the viewport in maxwell studio work smoother and handle more ploys easier (assuming the k5000 is an upgrade from your current card)

Yes. As noted. The question is whether the 3d host app will benefit. If Studio is the only host app, it does not have any Quadro specific acceleration.

"Benefit" is a relative term so it would depend on the card being compared against.
By Delineator
I just got the K5000 in my studio rig and its pretty great. I was coming from a FirePro v5800, which was definitely hurting in 3ds Max (especially 2013 with all the nvidia optimizations).

If you would like me to test out something specifically, I can try to accomodate.
By polynurb
numerobis wrote:Hardmod to quadro seems to be possible again for the GTX6xx...

http://www.eevblog.com/forum/projects/h ... nterparts/

:mrgreen:

i wonder if they do that on purpose... or maybe there is a robin hood sitting in the circut board design dep. :lol:

i am bit fed up with paying the quadro story.. imho making these cards so expensive limits the industry which needs them.

why can't we get 6GB when paying 2k on the k5000 ?? :roll:

last time i modded, was geforce ultra 6800 to quadro fx4000.. in hehe 2004.... it had 256mb vram, and it costed somethin like 2500 euro

my eyes are wide open on the titan now.. as a hard mod should survive new driver releases better than the old riva tuner way.
Sketchup 2024 Released

Any idea of when the Maxwell Sketchup plugin will […]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]