All posts related to V2
By bithuthang
Hello Everyone!
Does anyone have any ideas of what the hell is this? I was testing an EVGA SR-2 build with Quadro 5000 running MW 2.7.20 and whenever I cloned or instanced an object I get a little viewport within my main viewport. Hitting ctrl F, viewport returned to normal. I ran both MW 2.7.10, 2.7.20, the latest and old Quadro drivers, same issue. On my other computer it is running fine. I'm thinking it's a motherboard issue? :( Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
By itsallgoode9
sporadically have had that issue, although i'm running an ATI FirPro 7900. I've noticed that it only happens in the perspective viewport. If you create a camera and use that for you navigating, this seems to not happen. Also, if you drop down the camera drop down menu in the top left corner of the viewport.

That doesn't solve your problem but it's a couple of work arounds that will help you in the meantime.
By bithuthang
Good to know I'm not the only one and it's not a faulty motherboard. Thanks for the suggestion, will used them if it happens again.
Anyhow after a couple of clean install of Win7, resitting the video card, and installing MW first, the bug is went away. :shock: Holy cow! :? Don't know which step did the trick but MW's viewport is working now. For all I know it could have been the meteorite over Russia :)
By talos72
I know this is an old thread, but I also was experiencing the same problem with vieport open gl redraw. For me the issue was present in other apps too: Rhino, ZBrush. In Maxwell, just trying to render the viewport would create weird picture in picture problems. I did some research, and apparently the issue seems to be with Vista and Windows 7 and certain video cards. I have a Quadro 4000 running on Window 7 64bit. What seems to be the culprit is the Aero function in Windows. If it is not activated, it seems to cause redraw issues with open gl.

Solution, I just changed my theme to one of the Aero based ones, and it seems to have fixed the problem. I know Aero can be a memory hog, but nowadays most computers have plenty of RAM so it should not be an issue. Just thought to share this with others. So, if anyone else has redraw issues with viewport and is running Vista or Windows 7, you may first try to activate Aero before swapping cards or re-installing things.

Cheers
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]