All posts related to V2
By Ernesto
I am trying to create an emiter material, comprised of two layers with an emiter in each of them.
I have found that although in aditive mode, the upper layer is blocking the second layer.
Am I doing anything wrong?

I have experienced with multilayer emiters succesfully using masks for each layer: http://www.maxwellrender.com/forum/view ... 15#p363558 At that time I was using the Aditive mode, and thought that it was working by the results...

E
By Ernesto
I am sorry Tom, here I am posting the sample I started with:
In this sample one layer cotains a green emiter, and the other the complementary colour, therefore it renders white, meaning that it worked ok
I could add an opacity mask sucesfully, but I messed it up as soon as I added a BSDF component...
I wonder if it is really necesary to add a BSDF component?
This do not need to be a transparent emiter.

Ernesto
By tom
Ernesto wrote:I wonder if it is really necesary to add a BSDF component?
This do not need to be a transparent emiter.
My purpose of adding BSDF is making a ghost base. Because, when you don't have BSDF, it's regarded as black.
By dariolanza
Hi Ernesto,

Yes, Tom is right. Just think of the BSDF as the material you would like to see whenever the emitter emission of that layer is turned off (via MultiLight) or its intensity were very dim.

You can place a "ghost" BSDF if you want the emitter to be completely transparent when turned off (as in a thunder or other light effects) or a regular BSDF (like in a lamp bulb or halogen tube) that we want to see itself when the light is turned off.

If you don't create any BSDF together with the emitter, it will look pure black (as a black body) when the light intensity goes to zero.

Cheers

Dario Lanza
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]