All posts related to V2
By piroshki
Are there any cases in which the license file gets corrupted by the mail program?

I have followed all the instructions, copied the license part of the email in the license.txt file, but both Studio and MXCL still run in unlicensed mode... If in Studio I go and manually select the license file it seems to accept the license file, but then if I select "License Info" it stills says that it is in unregistered mode.

Anything I can try?

Tom
By JDHill
Tough to say - I think people have had trouble with inconsistent line endings before. I use Notepad2 for stuff like that.
By piroshki
Yup,

I tried something like that (Context editor - fabulous), and tried to make this file "cleaner", but doesn't seem to work.

I'm starting to think its the license itself that is the problem.

T.
By JDHill
In that case, I'd say to contact the salesdesk then and have them check it out.
By nicole
Hi,

Yes, anyone who has issues with their license key (license.txt) should contact Salesdesk. It sometimes happens that lines are accidentally deleted, not copied correctly, etc. We can check your license here and send you a new one of necessary.

Regarding educational licenses: there are no technical differences between educational licenses and commercial licenses - we only request educational users sign a statement saying they won't use the educational license on commercial projects/ jobs. Educational license holders get free upgrades within version 2.x of the software for at least 12 months; the same rules that apply to commercial licenses.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Nicole
By gotoxy av-media
nicole wrote:Hi,

Educational license holders get free upgrades within version 2.x of the software for at least 12 months; the same rules that apply to commercial licenses.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Nicole

thank you nicole,

if i understand correctly: 1 year of maintenance is included!
hmm, i was dreaming of maintenance until V2.9...

so back to reality...

munch
By kami
Hi I got a question:
When I had initially one license and bought two more: does the new license file show 2 or 3 licenses?
Or do I always need to add all received license files?
thanks, kami
By BeeCee
If I buy a second license (which comes with 5 free render nodes) will I be able to use all 10 render nodes with either license or are each set of nodes locked to the license they were purchased with?
By Mihai
No you are free to use all of them. The procedure is you use the License Info from the Help menu in Maxwell.exe, you add the new 5 node license and when you click Add, Maxwell adds all of together into one single license.txt file. So you can then copy that txt file to all your nodes.
Sketchup 2024 Released

Any idea of when the Maxwell Sketchup plugin will […]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]