All posts related to V2
By Cadhorn
Hmmm.... I'm getting a "Could not validate Maxwell project!" error. "The project file could not be found or does not seem to be a valid project file."
I've unblocked rebus farm on the firewall. (even turned the firewall off completely). Made no difference.

NEVERMIND :oops:
For some reason it didn't want to download the new plugins. After I reinstalled it a few times I noticed it kept hanging at "downloading new plugins". So I jumped over to my other computer and downloaded rebusmanager, installed it, everything went fine, downloaded plugins. Then I copied those plugins to my other computer and.... everything seems fine. Something on my end was blocking the connection somehow...
By QuakeMarine1
Rebus render farm is now able to render Maxwell out of C4d without export scene to mxs first
its super helpfull for animation renders and speed up the workflow very well
no more package scene , textute fight and upload of hundreds of mxs files

just install our Farminizer plugin to your c4d and he do all the needfull automaticly
submit a job in seconds and see how fast the farm will eat your frames ;)

http://www.rebusfarm.com/Video_Tutorial ... th_C4D.wmv
http://www.rebusfarm.com/Video_Tutorial ... th_C4D.mov

(single frame render jobs still need to send the common way)
By arch3d
Hi all,

I found it in documentation:
"the more separate emitter sliders you have, the more RAM Maxwell needs as each light channel must be stored separately while rendering"
...and on Rebus Farm site:
"If one P4 CPU of 1 core and 1 Ghz render for 1 hour, that equals 1 Ghz hour"
So if i send scene with enabled Multilight it will generates extra render time/extra costs?
By QuakeMarine1
multilight increase the render time so it also increase the costs - the GHZ notmatters
only the render time do

its recommented to disable multilights and setup the lights in your scene the way it should be.
you better send 2 jobs with 2 light setup insteat one job with ML just to creat a day and night version of your render afterwards
By macray
QuakeMarine1 wrote:Rebus render farm is now able to render Maxwell out of C4d without export scene to mxs first
its super helpfull for animation renders and speed up the workflow very well
no more package scene , texture fight and upload of hundreds of mxs files
That is great! I just had that problem and was thinking how to send you 1200 60mb+ files. in the end i rendered it myself. But it could have been a job for you. the cinema file was 40mb, that would have solved quite a few issues and bandwidth to send all the stuff to you. Great to see this evolving!
By mashium123
hi,

i have a question:
is it possible to limit the render time not to render-minutes or s.l. but to a specific amount of money?
this would obviously make not much sense with renderers calculation bucket-wise.
but since maxwell refines the image more and more i'd find it quite useful - cost-calculation wise - if i'd be able to set €-limits to my renders.

thx.
By QuakeMarine1
if you send a job to farm you setup the SL and the maximal render costs you like to pay

the farm stop render if:
your job completed the SL
or
your job reached the maximal costs

if you send SL 20 and 50 euro you get back
SL 20 for less then 50 euro (maybe 33.45 or 42,69 ...)
or
you get back the best possible SL for 50 euro (mybe SL 15,4 or 18,8 ...)
By fv
Hi,
we use rebus lately a lot. But we have a lot of problems downloading after the job is finished. It seems that processing the 300Mb mxi files into .rar files takes for ever.
Rendertime and costs are not the big issue. Getting the files back home is the bottleneck. I am talking hours to wait before download to have the .rar processed by Rebus. Maybe something is wrong at Rebus or we are doing something wrong.
Francois
By QuakeMarine1
I am not reported such from other users
you say you wait hours to start download? that sound impossible
if you press download in Manager the MXI started to compress into rar of 75mb just to speed up the download
compressing take a bit time but not hours
even if your mxi is 3gb in size the copress need just 3-5 minutes

if you see such again just live chat with us immidently
By arch3d
QuakeMarine1 wrote:multilight increase the render time so it also increase the costs - the GHZ notmatters
only the render time do

its recommented to disable multilights and setup the lights in your scene the way it should be.
you better send 2 jobs with 2 light setup insteat one job with ML just to creat a day and night version of your render afterwards
Ok. Ty for explanation
By QuakeMarine1
Rendering on RebusFarm is now cheaper than ever:
The price for a GHzh is now only 2,9 cent, with discounts offered down to 1.16 cents / GHzh.

This is the best price in render farm industry and comes without any limitation to quantities of nodes, or whatever.
For this price your render job will start without any waiting time, no hassle of installation, no extra costs. It includes
the Farminizer Software, mobile apps, human support, etc.

As a new registrant you will get a 10 EUR free trial which is an
equivalent to testing a modern i7 core Server for 13 hours.
Sketchup 2024 Released

Any idea of when the Maxwell Sketchup plugin will […]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]