All posts relating to Maxwell Render 1.x
By zdeno
?? really ?? is it blind shot Master?

I understand "ghost layer" as full transparent one?

Maybe there is something new in 2.1 version but in 1.7.1 I couldn't do this in Your way.
By tom
It's 1.7, not 2.x. The formula is simple:

Blending mode: Additive
BSDF --- [Your Texture]
__Trans = 255,255,255 AND Nd=1.0
BSDF --- [100]
__Any material setting...
By David Solito
tom wrote:It's 1.7, not 2.x. The formula is simple:

BSDF --- [Your Texture]
BSDF --- [100]
It's what i said, no? :?
By zdeno
tom wrote:It's 1.7, not 2.x. The formula is simple:

BSDF --- [Your Texture]
BSDF --- [100]

Out of battery in Your lightsabre Master ?

Just try yourself ... You would get mapped semitransparent simball

Let's force come back to You...

@David ... Yes You did. So if it is somehow correct (don't know how) You get first place.
By zdeno
Glad You finally did it Master I started to be worried.

for those which didn't catch it.
It is crucial to achieve "superblack" material as second BSDF

1) I did it with 0,0,0 in reflection colors.
2) Master Tom turned off second layer (faster but hard to notice this small dot in 1.7.1).
3) if someone want to use this with transmitance (really dont know why) You have to set refl 0,0,0 transmitance DIFFERENT than 255,255,255 , eg. 128,32,95 and most important leave attenutation in 1 nm. If set 255,255,255 atten. is not taken in consideration and give full transparency.

and tip to not get confusion.
in added master's mxm this "ghost layer" is just turned off. when You turn it on there will be semitransparent checker. when second BSDF is turned off, settings of reflection transmitance roughness nd or anything else just don't matters anymore.

So when You already have this "superblack" second layer. Maxwell adds 0 (zero) to 100 material. and it costs us time and give us beautifull noise painter. when You want to deep this effect just add few superblack layers.
but there is good news. in V2 demo noise pattern clears much faster. So there is some kind of optimization added.
By tom
Why do you unveil my secrets :P
zdeno wrote:2) Master Tom turned off second layer (faster but hard to notice this small dot in 1.7.1).
Was testing your attention...
zdeno wrote:3) if someone want to use this with transmitance (really dont know why) You have to set refl 0,0,0 transmitance DIFFERENT than 255,255,255 , eg. 128,32,95 and most important leave attenutation in 1 nm. If set 255,255,255 atten. is not taken in consideration and give full transparency.
Because 1nm is still greater than absolute zero attenuation and it starts to calculate refraction and so on.
By zdeno
brand new riddle

I couldn't decide how to name it . ultraMegaMess ? or ATOMMEILER?

- it is NOT emiter
-it is one BSDF only
- it is only ver. 1.7.1 compatibile so 2.1 users don't even try.
By zdeno
a little explanation. material I am talking about is added to this mesh below simball . when was added to test object then there was almost everything in big mess and it was hard to recognize anything.

and I know almost everybody sits on new fancy 2.1 version but maybe someone have old version to give it a try. but I don't know is license allows to instal old versions after update so maybe demo will give You a few months of fun.

of course if Tom won't show up. He just breaks all riddles in 5 minutes or even less time
By zdeno
glad forum is back on track ... I was worried , this last .mxm riddle reflect so much energy in scene, that ruined sensitive server hardware.

so anyone ? any idea ? no one else have 1.7.1 copy to try ?
By zdeno
Thx Master Tom for Your patience and being silence so much time. now I think everyone have their own chance to try solve this riddle. If no one can so now You can show how real FORCE works.

You can unveil my secret now, please
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]