All posts related to V2
By Josephus Holt
in the next update, can we please get scattering set to default at 0?
By JDHill
If you're in Rhino, then open Rhino, go to Scene Manager > Output, set Scattering to 0, then click Presets > Defaults > Store Current. If you're in Cinema, set Scattering to 0 in a Scene object, go to Output > Scene Presets, click Save to Preset file, and overwrite the default_scene.xml file that you'll find in the plugin's /res directory.

Scattering should already effectively be 0 by default, because by default, it is disabled. It is a bug in the engine that it's being rendered anyway - it's not that way intentionally. If you're already in maxwell.exe, and it's rendering with Scattering when it should not, it is enough to enable then disable Scattering - you don't even have to stop the rendering.
By Josephus Holt
JDHill wrote:If you're in Rhino, then open Rhino, go to Scene Manager > Output, set Scattering to 0, then click Presets > Defaults > Store Current.
Had the hardest time finding it...finally did though. The grey on black has a "cool" photographic look but sometimes makes it REALLY hard to find stuff if you don't already know where it is :(
JDHill wrote:If you're already in maxwell.exe, and it's rendering with Scattering when it should not, it is enough to enable then disable Scattering - you don't even have to stop the rendering.
Bubbaloo told us about having to set to 0...been rendering with 50% scattering since ????

Thx for all, JD.
By JDHill
Another trick - go to Scene Manager > Options and look for the folder button in the toolbar (the tooltip says 'Load UI Colors File'). There are four different color schemes that I send along with the plugin - I use the one named gray here, but there's also a much lighter one. Or...you can expand the Options > User Interface > UI Preferences section and set up any color scheme you like...and save it later using the 'Save UI Colors File' button in the toolbar.
By Josephus Holt
I'll think I'll go for the light one "very readable, but not so pretty".
You're just awesome, JD :D
By bjorn.syse
It is a bug in the engine that it's being rendered anyway - it's not that way intentionally.
... So this will be changed in further updates of the Maxwell engine?

Regards,

- Björn
By JDHill
I have not checked on the status of this lately, but yes, that should be the general idea. In the meantime, I don't think it should be a big problem, since it is so easy to alter your plugin defaults as I pointed out above.
By JDHill
Well, for them, the next update of the plugin set the default scattering to 0.0 - that won't help existing users though, since installing a new plugin doesn't overwrite all your customizations.
By bjorn.syse
That's cool, I haven't mentioned the plugin-default-customization. I've just told them to keep and eye on, and set the scattering in Maxwell Render when the render launches.

thanks!
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]