All posts related to V2
By macitect
I'm using v.2 on an intel iMac running 10.5.8 and every time I click on a material - either in the material panel or in the material column of the object panel - studio hangs, crashing my entire system.

Anybody else experiencing anything similar?
By fv
I crash all the time when using the material panel in Studio, especially when rendering a preview. I crash mostly when I start a render in Maxwell and keep working in Studio. MXED is very prone to crashing for some reason.

Mac 8 core OSX-10.5.8 -4Gb ram

Francois
By sampson
This might be a graphics card problem. Try going in to preferences and switching off Smooth Antialiasing, does the problem persist after that?
By macitect
Francois - thanks for the reply. Good to know at least I am not alone. Unfortunately I am sold on the improvements of V2, but studio is unusable for me. I'll try to test some more and report if I have any of the same issues as you.

Sampson - I'll give it a try - thanks very much for the tip. I'll be delighted if that clears up the problem!!!
By mx1207dd
i am getting the same problems with the system crashing all the time. Turning off antialiasing sometimes
works, but then sometimes doesnt. I have no problems with Maxwell 1.7 on the same computer. It seems very unstable, even the latest patch didnt help. Importing dxf or obj or lwo items also crashes the system.
By sampson
Are you able to upgrade to Snow Leopard (10.6) - This completely solved the problem for me (it seemed to be 10.5.8 related)
By macitect
mx1207dd wrote:i am getting the same problems with the system crashing all the time. Turning off antialiasing sometimes
works, but then sometimes doesnt. I have no problems with Maxwell 1.7 on the same computer. It seems very unstable, even the latest patch didnt help. Importing dxf or obj or lwo items also crashes the system.
Same here. Certainly turning off antialiasing helped for many of the crashes with the material editor and object/material chooser, but I am still getting many other crashes.
sampson wrote:Are you able to upgrade to Snow Leopard (10.6) - This completely solved the problem for me (it seemed to be 10.5.8 related)
No, I am not able to for a few more months, but even if I could I really don't think that it should be necessary. Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't V2 come out before Snow Leopard anyways? It should just work...
By sampson
Your right you shouldn't have to upgrade but it would help - these system freezes are not exclusive to Maxwell and there are reports of it happening on various other softwares over on the apple forums.

Snow Leopard came out just before V2.
By macitect
sampson wrote:Your right you shouldn't have to upgrade but it would help - these system freezes are not exclusive to Maxwell and there are reports of it happening on various other softwares over on the apple forums.

Snow Leopard came out just before V2.
Thanks, I'll look into this. I hadn't experienced problems with other software that I use, but with my luck I will now... :roll:
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]