All posts related to V2
By lee-o
Hi

I'm currently producing jewellery animation with maxwell render, everything works fine with 2.0 version, but since I jump to 2.1 I'm not able to render animation.

Each time maxwell end a frame and jump to next it save image but not under a different file name

Example.
in the queue direct from Lightwave:
G34PY600.0000.mxs
G34PY600.0001.mxs
G34PY600.0002.mxs
G34PY600.0003.mxs

Result :

G34PY000.mxi
G34PY000.tga
G34PY000_alpha.PNG
G34PY000_material.PNG

I try too to export mxs from Lightwave and to render direct from mr manager, the result is the same, frame are overwritten.

Is this a bug from 2.1 or am I missing something ?

My computer specs:
Vista x64
MR x64
Lightwave 9.6 with 2.0.8 plug in

thx

lee-o
By Bubbaloo
Hi Lee,

I have had several successful animation renders from the Max plugin, so I think the problem might be a Lightwave exclusive problem. You should post this question in the Lightwave section, maybe someone will be able to help.

In Max, there is a "sequence rendering" checkbox. Maybe there is something like this in the LW plugin?
By lee-o
Hi Bubbaloo

Yes there is an animation option in lightwave, and it work fine with maxwell 2.0, but doesnt work in 2.0.1, I tryed in maxwell manager and it's the same.

thx
By voxelpictures
Same thing on Maya 2008 Sp1 here. Via the maya plugin, animation is working fine.
On Network rendering only the first frame renders even if we send 200 frames for animation.

----> Each time maxwell end a frame and jump to next it save image but not under a different file name!!!!

Please HELP!
By Bubbaloo
Code: Select all
var inputFolder = "C:\";
var outputFolder = "C:\";

var mxiCount =  FileManager.getNumberOfFilesInBranch( inputFolder, "*.mxi" );
var mxiList = FileManager.getFilesInBranch( inputFolder, "*.mxi" );

for( i = 0; i < mxiCount; i++ )
{
  Maxwell.openMxi( mxiList[i] );
  Maxwell.saveImage( outputFolder + "\" + FileManager.getFileName( mxiList[i] ) + ".png", 8 );
}
Just change the inputFolder and outputFolder values and run it.

Thanks Tom for this. He wrote it. :)
By polynurb
voxelpictures wrote:Where do we need to run that script....
if you start maxwell.exe (what used to be mxcl -d) you get a menu item "scripting" so i suppose you should save the above text to an .ms file and load it from there
By Bubbaloo
polynurb wrote:
voxelpictures wrote:Where do we need to run that script....
if you start maxwell.exe (what used to be mxcl -d) you get a menu item "scripting" so i suppose you should save the above text to an .ms file and load it from there
Yes, what he said. :mrgreen:
By giacob
this bug is really annoying...
can someone explain to me how i can make an animation with maxwell and lw.?.. it write down output till 9 .. then keep overwriteing the 9th file .. the same with maxwell network...
... which is the exact process ?... whic is the exact flow... i must follow?
sorry but can understand how to use the script ... i run it in maxwel exe.. and then... practically ho can make animation work
Last edited by giacob on Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
By giacob
the script u suggested, Bubba, is useless since lw plugin doesnt even write sequential mxi file....
lets hope for a fast patch
By giacob
the only work around in can think of is queing in maxwell network manager as many render sequenquences of 9 render frame each as required to cover the animation
Sketchup 2024 Released

Any idea of when the Maxwell Sketchup plugin will […]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]