All posts related to V2
By knurrebusk
Just share the scene files, it´s easier.

But I wonder if MR is most explosive in the beginning, then it deteriorates with high sl.

Slug it out, but Torolf will be boring spot on I´m afraid.
By micheloupatrick
OK I got it: denoising simply comes from resizing the file from 4k to 700 x 700.

Here a 4h35 rendering - SL13 - Mac Pro 2.66 x 8 Xeons:

You still have to render to a sufficient SL: notice the highlight at the base of the sphere at SL13, missing from benjamin's picture at SL9.
But the resizing method seems to be the only way to denoise difficult images like this one (glossy/transparent surfaces everywhere), as the noise otherwise never really disappears (see Torolf's rendering at SL25!).
By jotero
hello all :)

I'm not about time or money but about quality!
indigo MLT

maxwell v. 1.1

ciao
torolf
By -Adrian
The Indigo example looks very good. I don't mind the subtle blurriness/glare.
By mverta
I suppose if subtle blurriness/glare was the issue, then yeah, but... it's got far worse issues. I don't know the engine, so I'm asking if this poor performance is typical or if we're seeing compression artifacts, etc. The edge darkening, however, is just poor engine performance or settings.

_Mike
By jotero
mverta wrote:Torolf, is all that splochy-ness typical, or is it image compression?

Here's a gamma tweak so you can see better what I saw right away:

Also, extreme edge darkening on those spheres.

_Mike
No compression ;)
This is a matter of adjustment, I've only with the setting "MLT" but not rendered
"MLT and Bidirectional" rendered.
I will test it but the days with the new and latest version.

Pathtrace Bidirectional
Material setting are not so good! But feeling better :)

ciao
torolf
By tom
I don't know how Indigo works and maybe it's about settings but the above result is horrible.

Once again, let's see where we are:
Tora_2097 wrote:Image
By jotero
tom wrote:I don't know how Indigo works and maybe it's about settings but the above result is horrible.

Once again, let's see where we are:
Tora_2097 wrote:Image
hi Tom,

unfortunately I have no answer about the material or the scenes of Benjamin. I do not come to the same
Result as Benjamin. But I am still practicing. AND no reply from Benjamin is also an answer.

ciao
torolf
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]