All posts related to V2
By naxos
Hello there,

with a "known 1.7.1-working scene", version 2.0 sometimes crashes during voxelization...

i move a little bit the camera (dolly out), then voxelization works...

funny isn't it ?
By naxos
fresh new PC : dual xeon with 24gb ddr3 ram, plenty of HDD space...

i can render that scene... but i have to send it to render about 3-4 times before it does not crash...

even 2 times it was rendering and when i came back to PC to check, just clicking on the window to select it, crash...

my mx installation is fresh new too... i don't understand...

is there any log option to set to try to know what happens ?
By tom
naxos wrote:even 2 times it was rendering and when i came back to PC to check, just clicking on the window to select it, crash...
You click on which window? 3dsmax or Maxwell UI? Is this happening during the render?
By naxos
windows 7 business, 64bits... true license (no activation trick)...

maxwell 2.0 64 bits too...

can't you make this scene crash maxwell ?
a putty because as my install is fresh and new, i can't find any disturbing misinstallation...

my antivirus is ... antivir

firewall from win7...
iv had this happen randomly on scenes too.. and i just dolly/move/touch the cam out a bit and it works.. dont have any scenes per say saved(it was during tests) but iv definatly experienced random maxwell crashes before voxeliztion

winxp64 w 16gigs of ram 300gig 15000rpm sas boot drive 2x quadro fx 4600 cards
By naxos
yes, randomly...

dolly / move can help, but often i have to move or dolly camera about 5-6 times before render starts without crash...

the crash comes most often during voxelisation... (only once dureing rendering)

the crash is a windows error box : the one with "close / wait...."

i'll look next time if one dump can be saved or something, but i don't think so.
By Asmithey
Hi there,

I had this issue once with 1.7.1. So I began turning of layers and rendering tests. I nailed it down to a bad object. Once the object was removed the original camera position was fine. I had to move the dolly no longer. It was very strange. the object was an instance as well.

Hope that might help.

Aaron
By naxos
i can check for bads objects... but i did not model this scene, and it is an architecture model... so some hundred of meshes to check...

i wish maxwell log could tell us whitch object gives fault... or better : it tells us, then ignore it to render the rest...
often bad objects are ignorables : empty meshes, small zero-sized faces etc...

dear Santa, can you put that ignore stuff in next MX release ?

regards
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]